Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike Zimmer to Vikings

Featured Replies

Really happy for Zimmer. He deserves it. Great coordinator, but I'm not necessarily sold he'll be a great HC.

 

I know people say he's blunt, speaks his mind, etc., but if he was such a can't miss HC like many Bengals fans seem to think, don't you think he would've had a job long before now? :idunno:

  • Replies 102
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really happy for Zimmer. He deserves it. Great coordinator, but I'm not necessarily sold he'll be a great HC.

 

I know people say he's blunt, speaks his mind, etc., but if he was such a can't miss HC like many Bengals fans seem to think, don't you think he would've had a job long before now? :idunno:

 

I don't know either what the formula is to determine if a great coordinator can also be a great head coach. I just know two things - every head coach is a first-time head coach once and Zimmer deserved the opportunity.

I don't know either what the formula is to determine if a great coordinator can also be a great head coach. I just know two things - every head coach is a first-time head coach once and Zimmer deserved the opportunity.

 

Absolutely agree. Guys like Rex Ryan and even Marvin Lewis were great coordinator's that deserved the opportunity as well. I'm just saying I don't get the hatred towards the Bengals here. Great coordinator's don't always make the best head coaches.

Sorry to see Zimmer leave. I wish him the best with the Vikings.

Somewhat good that the Vikings got him and not the Browns.

Zimmer has no previous HC experience, right? What makes you think he was "the one" for the job?

 

Let him cut his HC teeth at Minnesota then hire him back as Cincy's HC?

Absolutely agree. Guys like Rex Ryan and even Marvin Lewis were great coordinator's that deserved the opportunity as well. I'm just saying I don't get the hatred towards the Bengals here. Great coordinator's don't always make the best head coaches.

There is no basis. If Marvin was fired, Zimmer hired and the team sucks, people would be saying how stupid Mike Brown is. If he does suck as a head coach, I hope all the Bengal fans come and give praise to Mike Brown. :D

There is no basis. If Marvin was fired, Zimmer hired and the team sucks, people would be saying how stupid Mike Brown is. If he does suck as a head coach, I hope all the Bengal fans come and give praise to Mike Brown. :D

Why would we praise MB if Zimmer sucks as a HC?

 

The point I made over and over again is Zimmer would be better than Marvin. No one can be worse than Marvin. So with MB not getting rid of Marvin and letting Zimmer take the HC job means we are stuck again with a horrible HC. I'd rather give Zimmer a chance here only because it would mean 2 things....we still keep a great defensive coach here and we also get rid of the worst HC in the league. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

The Bengals had 3-4 HC's worse than Marvin just before he was hired, so yes, in fact they can be a whole heck of a lot worse than Marvin.

Why would we praise MB if Zimmer sucks as a HC?

 

The point I made over and over again is Zimmer would be better than Marvin. No one can be worse than Marvin. So with MB not getting rid of Marvin and letting Zimmer take the HC job means we are stuck again with a horrible HC. I'd rather give Zimmer a chance here only because it would mean 2 things....we still keep a great defensive coach here and we also get rid of the worst HC in the league. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

 

Really?

There is no basis. If Marvin was fired, Zimmer hired and the team sucks, people would be saying how stupid Mike Brown is. If he does suck as a head coach, I hope all the Bengal fans come and give praise to Mike Brown. :D

 

Praise Mike Brown for what? If Zimmer fails we praise Mike Brown? Well I guess if Mike Brown garners praise for failure, he is rolling in it...

The Bengals had 3-4 HC's worse than Marvin just before he was hired, so yes, in fact they can be a whole heck of a lot worse than Marvin.

 

Tallest of the Midgets? Yep we aim low as Bengals fans...

Ask Minnesota, they might be able to answer that. You seriouly don't think he would be better than Marvin??

 

I never compared Zimmer to Marvin. I'm simply saying that the job of a head coach is different from that as a defensive coordinator. Zimmer has proven to be an outstanding D Coordinator, but he has no head coaching experience (that I'm aware of). Sure, he possesses some of the characteristics that you look for in a HC, but that doesn't always translate into success. If you need proof, look no farther than Marvin Lewis, Dick Lebeau & Rex Ryan.

 

I like Mike Zimmer a lot, and I wish he would've stayed in Cincinnati as the DC and potentially as the Head Coach. But Cincinnati is unique because of Mike Brown. If Mike Brown doesn't trust the head coach, then he gets more involved...and nobody wants that.

 

At this point, I don't know that Mike Brown does (or should) trust Mike Zimmer as a head coach. If naming Zimmer HC gets Brown more involved, it's a step backwards.

 

I wish Zimm luck in Minnesota. I think it's a tough situation, despite having one of the league's best RB's. I hope he succeeds and can find his niche as a head coach.

I wish Zimm luck in Minnesota. I think it's a tough situation, despite having one of the league's best RB's. I hope he succeeds and can find his niche as a head coach.

 

The defense is really young. I'll be hugely impressed with him if he can bring them along next year.

 

The offense is still going to be a problem. Tackle that first issue and he'll be on the path to success in the Twin Cities.

I never compared Zimmer to Marvin. I'm simply saying that the job of a head coach is different from that as a defensive coordinator. Zimmer has proven to be an outstanding D Coordinator, but he has no head coaching experience (that I'm aware of). Sure, he possesses some of the characteristics that you look for in a HC, but that doesn't always translate into success. If you need proof, look no farther than Marvin Lewis, Dick Lebeau & Rex Ryan.

 

 

 

I like Mike Zimmer a lot, and I wish he would've stayed in Cincinnati as the DC and potentially as the Head Coach. But Cincinnati is unique because of Mike Brown. If Mike Brown doesn't trust the head coach, then he gets more involved...and nobody wants that.

 

At this point, I don't know that Mike Brown does (or should) trust Mike Zimmer as a head coach. If naming Zimmer HC gets Brown more involved, it's a step backwards.

 

I wish Zimm luck in Minnesota. I think it's a tough situation, despite having one of the league's best RB's. I hope he succeeds and can find his niche as a head coach.

 

So you only consider someone with HC experience?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.