Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike Zimmer to Vikings

Featured Replies

Your taking a guy who took one of the worst franchises in football. Team that was going 2-14 every year and made it a contender. A guy who has been vital in trying to make mike brown loosen his reigns so that people like Marvin can bring it the right personnel which he has done an amazing job of. Should he be fired? Ya maybe his time has run its course here. But worst coach in the league? That's delusional. And ya those teams have a playoff win or two... And they're also light years behind the team that Marvin and his staff has produced. You need to find yourself a new team.

  • Replies 102
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I read your post. I unlike you, don't use qualifiers or try and spin things. I simply use the facts.

Marvin Lewis as a Head Coach does not have a winning record period. I don't need to say that only games played at night or on Thursdays etc. I'm talking about every game that is counted on a coaches record period.

 

Again, show me any current head coach with as many losses as Marvin or any current coach that is 0-5 in the playoffs

You do that and I may change my stance, but you can't so I will stick with the facts to back my opinion and you just continue to go with....well nothing to back your stance.

 

 

Regardless, he is a middle of the pack coach.

And also, by your standards, which seem to only be whether you have a winning record and if you dont, your the worst coach in the NFL. And before you say it, how long he has been in Cincinnati is not relevant. He has no control over who does and who doesn't keep him. And you also don't know what happens if he does get fired. He could be fired, go somewhere else and win a super bowl. Laugh. But the fact is, you dont know. He could also go somewhere else and never win a game. BUT... back to my point. Judging by your criteria, that would mean that almost 10 other coaches in the NFL from this past season/new hires, are the "worst coach in league".

I find the defense of Marvin Lewis comical. In no other NFL city would this even close to acceptable.

I find the defense of Marvin Lewis comical. In no other NFL city would this even close to acceptable.

 

What defense?! Seriously do you all actually read these conversations? I nor anybody else in this thread are lobbying for Marvin Lewis. In fact, almost everyone one of us has said Marvin Lewis should be fired. Again, HE SHOULD HAVE! The only issue I had, is someone stating that he is the "worst HC in the NFL". No more no less.

 

And to the point of your post, in no other city in America is it acceptable to fire a baseball coach who lead his team to the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years and also want the football coach fired after sending his team to playoffs. Only in Cincinnati. Both teams are god awful for the longest time, and then as soon as they start winning, but not winning to certain people's standards, everybody wants a witch hunt.

What defense?! Seriously do you all actually read these conversations? I nor anybody else in this thread are lobbying for Marvin Lewis. In fact, almost everyone one of us has said Marvin Lewis should be fired. Again, HE SHOULD HAVE! The only issue I had, is someone stating that he is the "worst HC in the NFL". No more no less.

 

And to the point of your post, in no other city in America is it acceptable to fire a baseball coach who lead his team to the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years and also want the football coach fired after sending his team to playoffs. Only in Cincinnati. Both teams are god awful for the longest time, and then as soon as they start winning, but not winning to certain people's standards, everybody wants a witch hunt.

 

Typical apologist reply. For some mediocre to kind of good is the standard. I get it...

Anyone who thinks Marvin Lewis is a worse coach than Jason Garrett or Dennis Allen is smoking some high quality stuff. :lol2:

I find the defense of Marvin Lewis comical. In no other NFL city would this even close to acceptable.

 

Who's defending him? Should he have been fired? Yeah, a long time ago. That doesn't make the statement that "he's the worst coach in the league" any less ridiculous.

Honestly, if they would've fired Lewis after this season, and hired Zimmer, I would've been extremely disappointed. Plenty of candidates out there that are as attractive, if not more so than Zim.

Who's defending him? Should he have been fired? Yeah, a long time ago. That doesn't make the statement that "he's the worst coach in the league" any less ridiculous.
Not one person. Well, apparently if you think he is not the worst coach in the league then you are.
Why would we praise MB if Zimmer sucks as a HC?

 

The point I made over and over again is Zimmer would be better than Marvin. No one can be worse than Marvin. So with MB not getting rid of Marvin and letting Zimmer take the HC job means we are stuck again with a horrible HC. I'd rather give Zimmer a chance here only because it would mean 2 things....we still keep a great defensive coach here and we also get rid of the worst HC in the league. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

 

So you are saying you are not a fan of Marvin:clap: I know you like to go overboard on this subject and I'm not going to go back and forth with you but you do realize there are a lot of teams in the NFL that would have taken Marvin and the fact he went to the playoffs 4 of last 5 years so I doubt he is the WORST in the league. Not the best for sure, but not the worst.

Honestly, if they would've fired Lewis after this season, and hired Zimmer, I would've been extremely disappointed. Plenty of candidates out there that are as attractive, if not more so than Zim.

 

Agreed. Perfect example: Dick LeBeau. Great DC, Terrible HC.

Typical apologist reply. For some mediocre to kind of good is the standard. I get it...

 

How is that an apologist's reply? Name anything I said that was not true. Name one city where they have a consistent playoff baseball and football team and fans want both head coaches burned at the stake. Am I saying that they are great coaches? No. I am simply stating that I think it is a little over the top the way people go crazy in Cincinnati about a head coach, given the success they have had. Coaches cant throw the ball, coaches cant catch the ball.

Back to Zimmer ... I believe every head coach needs to be strong, disciplined, understand and communicate well with his players, have the hammer available if a player isn't on board and the players have to know he has the hammer. The next most important factor - hire the right assistants. I think Zimmer has the first part. I don't know if he has the hammer in Minnesota. We'll see what he does with his assistants. Zimmer has the potential to be a really good head coach and I would be excited about the hire if I were a Viking fan. Of the head coaches hired this off season, the two I would be most excited about if I were a fan of that particular team - Zimmer and Lovie Smith in Tampa. I also think Bill O'Brien in Houston is intriguing and could have some fast success there because that team has potential.

How is that an apologist's reply? Name anything I said that was not true. Name one city where they have a consistent playoff baseball and football team and fans want both head coaches burned at the stake. Am I saying that they are great coaches? No. I am simply stating that I think it is a little over the top the way people go crazy in Cincinnati about a head coach, given the success they have had. Coaches cant throw the ball, coaches cant catch the ball.

 

Marvin Lewis would not have survived in any other NFL franchise based on the record he has posted with Cincinnati. It is not acceptable anywhere but here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.