Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL Black Monday

Featured Replies

Houston

Cleveland

Minnesota

Washington

Tampa Bay

Detroit

 

Those are the openings right now, correct?

  • Replies 83
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Houston Cleveland Minnesota Washington Tampa Bay Detroit Those are the openings right now' date=' correct?[/quote']

 

Yep. And all before noon today. :lol2:

So which one of these teams go the college route? Bill O'Brien doesn't count.

  • Author

Of the openings right now Detroit has to be the best job I'd imagine. Really good roster.

Of the openings right now Detroit has to be the best job I'd imagine. Really good roster.

 

I think Mike Zimmer would be the perfect fit there. They need someone to keep that defense in line. Tons of talent, zero discipline or accountability though.

I'm amazed at how quick coaches are fired and not given time to prove they belong. 1-2 years is next enough time.

  • Author
I think Mike Zimmer would be the perfect fit there. They need someone to keep that defense in line. Tons of talent' date=' zero discipline or accountability though.[/quote']

 

Agreed. So much talent, no discipline at all.

I'm amazed at how quick coaches are fired and not given time to prove they belong. 1-2 years is next enough time.

 

I think in the case of Schiano, it had more to do with the handling of the Josh Freeman affair than the on the field results. Had he just benched Josh and went with Glennon, Greg would still have a job, regardless of the record. The public debacle made the organization look more inept than it actually was. Image is important to the Glazers.

I think Mike Zimmer would be the perfect fit there. They need someone to keep that defense in line. Tons of talent, zero discipline or accountability though.

 

Good logic although I read someone yesterday who said they will be looking for an offensive coach.

Good logic although I read someone yesterday who said they will be looking for an offensive coach.

 

Maybe someone who can stop Matthew Stafford from doing his 4th quarter Tony Romo impression when the game is on the line?

Whatever it is that's keeping Zimmer from landing a head coaching gig, I'm not going to complain about it. I like him in Cincinnati just fine.

I like Zimmer in Cincy but he wants to be a head coach

and I think he deserves that chance.

I think Mike Zimmer would be the perfect fit there. They need someone to keep that defense in line. Tons of talent, zero discipline or accountability though.

 

I agree 100%.

I like Zimmer in Cincy but he wants to be a head coach

and I think he deserves that chance.

 

If he could sit across from a GM and/or owner and tell him what he wants to hear and not speak his mind he'd have a shot. Hopefully he will continue to bomb in interviews...

Browns have ruled out all candidates from last year's search.

 

@RapSheet: "#Browns CEO Joe Banner rules out candidates who interviewed last year. No Ray Horton. No Bill O'Brien. No Mike Zimmer. No Ken Whisenhunt."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.