Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Juniors

Featured Replies

Northern Kentucky top players

 

G- Mike Hester of Simon Kenton

G- Todd Jacobs of Covington Catholic

F- Austin Hill of Covington Holmes

F- Zach Kiernan of Newport Central Catholic

C- Josh Hurd of Simon Kenton

 

Hard to argue with Hester, Jacobs and Hill in NKY; but Kiernan and Hurd?? They're probably among the best junior big men, along with Pendleton's Kane Belcher and Brossart's Troy Cooper and Nathan Mutsch. As far as best junior players; Jimmy Ryan of Holy Cross, Duran Jefferson of Holmes, Jimmy Uebel of Brossart, Kurt Bovard of CCH, etc. come to mind. I'm sure there are others??

  • Replies 63
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Kane Belcher from Pendleton County will have a good year next year. He is a little soft this year, but I think in another year he will be one of the better big men in the state. He definetly has enough talent to.

Again - Clark County's Preston Knowles is probably the best junior in the state and a top 5 player over all - and you dont have him in your top 10?

 

So you have seen every other player on that list play this season???

I think Kane Belcher from Pendleton County will have a good year next year. He is a little soft this year, but I think in another year he will be one of the better big men in the state. He definitely has enough talent to.

I was impressed with him when I saw him play this year. Yes he does have the potential.

I think Kane Belcher from Pendleton County will have a good year next year. He is a little soft this year, but I think in another year he will be one of the better big men in the state. He definetly has enough talent to.

Kane's brother Keaton was the exact same way his Junior year if i remember correctly But HurriKane will step up next season and kill people. Beleive me if he would be stronger underneath and throw it down like he is capable of doing he will see alot of attention from big D-2 schools and small to medium D-1 schools.

Hester is one of the top juniors in the 8th region and the N.KY area, but he is not close to being ranked in the state.

Well that is your opinion and I still have mine!! :D

Northern Kentucky top players

 

G- Mike Hester of Simon Kenton

G- Todd Jacobs of Covington Catholic

F- Austin Hill of Covington Holmes

F- Zach Kiernan of Newport Central Catholic

C- Josh Hurd of Simon Kenton

 

Jefferson needs to be dropped from the list. Good player, but not great. Austin Hill is an absolute stud.

 

No way Duran should be dropped! Best Junior in NKY no doubt and Im sure there are many more that agree with me.

Northern Kentucky top players

 

G- Mike Hester of Simon Kenton

G- Todd Jacobs of Covington Catholic

F- Austin Hill of Covington Holmes

F- Zach Kiernan of Newport Central Catholic

C- Josh Hurd of Simon Kenton

 

Jefferson needs to be dropped from the list. Good player, but not great. Austin Hill is an absolute stud.

 

Jefferson is a better guard than Hester and proved it head to head already this year.

You people are totally slipping on Scott County's Rodney Haddix. He's #1 BABY!!!

It appears SKFAN you are touting this kid on other boards too. I have seen Hester and he is the leader for his team. Not sure he is at the level of some of the players you are trying to compare him with.

So what is it ??You are not sure or your opinion Mike Hester is not worthy of statewide junior recognition??? By the way it is your opinion and you know my opinion right??I am a huge SK fan and a even bigger fan of Mike Hester's Point guard playing abilities!

Preston Knowles remember that name. If you haven't seen him play you need to.

 

Ty Proffitt very good smart ball player.

Jefferson is a better guard than Hester and proved it head to head already this year.

IMO i think Hester is better than Jefferson. Hester is faster and quicker if that is hard to believe than DJ. Also Hester has a lot better shot and he doesht have the Hill or the Henderson around him. DJ gets a lot of credit because the team he is on but he also has a better supporting cast around him.

You people are totally slipping on Scott County's Rodney Haddix. He's #1 BABY!!!

 

I'm not smart enough to know if he's #1 (baby) but I am smart enough to know he's on the list of potential #1s. He's very good and he's playing out of position.

Jefferson is a better guard than Hester and proved it head to head already this year.

 

Jefferson proved only that he played on a more talented team that night. Jefferson is a good player but I think that he has rode the coat tails of some great players. I think you will see in the next couple of weeks that Austin Hill is the best player on that team and Jefferson is just a compliment.

Jefferson proved only that he played on a more talented team that night. Jefferson is a good player but I think that he has rode the coat tails of some great players. I think you will see in the next couple of weeks that Austin Hill is the best player on that team and Jefferson is just a compliment.

 

 

I would have to agree with you about Hill because he has really stepped up his game and is the best Junior in the N. KY area.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.