Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bucket List Venues

Featured Replies

If all goes well, I'm going to knock one more off the list on Monday when I go to Knoxville.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To play along, I would like to watch a Kentucky game in Madison Square Garden and the Barclays Center.

 

MSG is awesome. I've been to three Big East Tourneys there, and it's an atmosphere unlike any other I've been in. The first time I walked in it was like "Holy crap, I'm at The Garden." :lol2:

  • Author

I'm jealous deuce; Lambeau Field made me feel the same way.

I wasn't thinking about football...I've been to The Big House, VaTech and Alabama.

  • Author

I've been to Va Tech also for football.

.........

 

While you wouldn't think about them as Bucket List venues, a few to think about:

* Georgia's basketball arena has a big disco ball hanging over the court. Don't ask why, just appreciate it.

* LSU's basketball arena is old school, has great charm, and gets very, very loud when it is packed (which it was when I was there).

* Florida's O-Dome, if you are sitting on the end of the court opposite the Florida bench, has a strong chlorine smell (oddly charming). They also have the most expensive hot dogs I ever remember buying.

* John Paul Jones arena at Virginia is the FINEST on-campus arena in America. Not close.

* If you go to the Ryan Center at Rhode Island, get someone to escort you down the hall past the locker rooms and into the "old side" of the building. About 50 yards down the hall you'll take a right into the old building (where Lamar Odom played) -- it is as cozy as you've ever seen for a college building.

* Chaifetz in Saint Louis is new, nice, and has great amenities.

* Go to UD Arena for a Xavier game. You'll thank me later. Craziest atmosphere, with one of America's best pep-bands, you've ever been a part of.

* Hinkle. You may call it charming and historic, I may call it a dump, either way, you need to see a game there.

* Pauley Pavilion -- really cool place. Hip.

* McKale Center in Arizona -- reminds me of being at a football game at Nebraska, as soon as you enter for a big game you are just overwhelmed by nice people with a TON of school spirit.

 

Just a few off the top of my head.

 

We took our son to basketball camp there one summer. Loved the campus.One of the highlights was getting to see the LSU tiger in his cage. Another was to talk to Coach Dale Brown in his office.

Right now, the only basketball venue I want to go to is Yum.

Right now, the only basketball venue I want to go to is Yum.

It's really nice Rat.

Right now, the only basketball venue I want to go to is Yum.

 

I've been to the Sun Dome, pre-renovation. I really liked it. Mostly the 65 degree weather in January. :lol2:

I'm jealous deuce; Lambeau Field made me feel the same way.

 

I'd love to go to Lambeau.

I've been to the Sun Dome, pre-renovation. I really liked it. Mostly the 65 degree weather in January. :lol2:

 

The new Sundome is much nicer inside, and highs in the upper 60's, low 70's, outside in January are still the norm. :D

Just a curious question on my part, but where do you guys come up with tickets to these events?

Just a curious question on my part, but where do you guys come up with tickets to these events?

 

I usually am attending an USF event, so I get the tickets through USF. When I go to a game at UK, I call the UK ticket office. Other than that, I use ticketmaster.

Yum Center is pretty awesome

MSG is awesome. I've been to three Big East Tourneys there, and it's an atmosphere unlike any other I've been in. The first time I walked in it was like "Holy crap, I'm at The Garden." :lol2:

 

I went to a Duke/St. John's game in the Garden in '05 and it's a great place to watch a game. We were in the upper deck but the seats were so close to the action.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.