December 26, 201312 yr Many of you probably remember this when it was unveiled a couple of years ago, but here is the most unusual Kilkenny Floor at the Matthew Knight Arena - Home of the University of Oregon Ducks. It was designed by Nike's VP of Creative Design, Tinker Hatfield, with tall fir trees to represent the Pacific Northwest with a theme called "Deep In The Woods" where folklore suggests that there are hidden messages in the floor's design. The floor's design is also called "Tall Firs" honoring the 1938-1939 Oregon Ducks who had that nickname when they were the winners of the inaugural NCAA Division 1 Basketball Championship. There was some criticism from fans about the glare caused by the court's contrast. There also was criticism for the lack of a visible center court line, though one has since been added. Not saying that it's on a bucket list of mine, but noteworthy for its unusual nature. I've no plans of heading to Oregon anytime soon to see it. What I've seen in photos and videos is enough for me. You can click on photo to blow it up.
December 27, 201312 yr Author Just a curious question on my part, but where do you guys come up with tickets to these events? Just depends on the event; alot of times I have some planning going in but other times I've been really lucky/fortunate to be in the right spot at the right time.
December 27, 201312 yr Just a curious question on my part, but where do you guys come up with tickets to these events? I have been blessed to earn media credentials.
December 27, 201312 yr A few off the top of my head: Palestra KU Cameron The Pit Bud Walton (if Arkansas is good) Utah State(for the student section) The barn at U of Minnesota
December 27, 201312 yr My last check off the bucket list was Lambeau Field and I went to the Packers Lions game Oct.6th it was even better than I had imagined!
January 9, 201412 yr Right now, the only basketball venue I want to go to is Yum. This year is getting off to an "interesting" start. I guess the visit to Yum is going to have to wait. Mrs. S is scheduled to have surgery on February 18, the day of the USF @ UofL game. This is the earliest they could fit her in and she can't travel until she has the procedure, not comfortably anyway. :(
January 10, 201412 yr The barn at U of Minnesota Been there. It's a unique experience with the raised floor.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.