Bowling Green 49 Pulaski County 14 (2013 Class 5A State Championship)

PurpleHaze

Congratulations Purples. Not too many teams get to enjoy a 3 peat, much less the kind of undefeated streak you are on. Keep it going.

PH, twist to your heart's content, but don't hurt yourself, my friend. :banana:

I wish I could have seen Pulaski play this season, I followed you from afar and hate that I had to miss this game today. That 6 hour drive home just wouldn't allow it.

Too late...I'm already resembling a pretzel...!!!:lol2:

Sadly, the Purples lose a senior class of 27 and the lion's share of their starters. However, some very good looking and experienced backups will be back next season. Both Kickers/Punters will be back as well. The DL looks to be a very strong group next season, and we will have something we haven't had for a while: an honest to goodness power back. We will not have this year's talent or experience, but we won't be anybody's pushover either. We will still be Bowling Green High...you know, that team that wears gold helmets with targets painted on them!:lol2:

What a class it's been....will be interesting to see how much the underclassmen have picked up from them.

Not a bad run for the seniors. Lets see, most of them started their varsity career as sophomores and got to play for the Purple for 3 years and all they were able to do was walk away each year with a state championship ring.

Not too shabby my friends.

Oh, and I almost forgot...they also never lost a single game during that time.

Fant and Blue did not play the game the Purples lost their Freshman year. Unreal run. We may lose a couple in regular season next year but i really believe Purples will make threat for a 4Peat. Not taking anything away from other 5a teams but Purples will breeze through first two rounds then have battle with warren central and john hardin. If they win those 2 playoff games, they should win it again. Not trying to brag or be cocky. Just think I'm right!

I wanted to give another plug to Fant. My son was telling me tonight on our way back from his Football Banquet how much he really likes Fant. He played against him in the finals last year and ever since then he said he's been a fan of him because of how nice he was. He said Fant was always very nice and soft spoken all through the game, never talked trash and was just one classy guy. I didn't know any of this until he told me this tonight.

He said its funny how some kids will talk trash about other players all the time on twitter and whenever some do others may or may not come to their defense, he said not a single person has ever spoken an ill word about Fant on twitter because of the type of player and person he is. He is very well respected among everyone who plays against him. So from one #12 to another my son wishes him the very best at WKU.

I wanted to give another plug to Fant. My son was telling me tonight on our way back from his Football Banquet how much he really likes Fant. He played against him in the finals last year and ever since then he said he's been a fan of him because of how nice he was. He said Fant was always very nice and soft spoken all through the game, never talked trash and was just one classy guy. I didn't know any of this until he told me this tonight.

He said its funny how some kids will talk trash about other players all the time on twitter and whenever some do others may or may not come to their defense, he said not a single person has ever spoken an ill word about Fant on twitter because of the type of player and person he is. He is very well respected among everyone who plays against him. So from one #12 to another my son wishes him the very best at WKU.

Hbird, that is great insight that I suspected but wasn't completely sure about. Just another characteristic that is admirable for a Mr Football candidate!