Best student sections

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never seen CCH's student section. But South Laurel has the best student section in east ky by far. It may be the best in the state. The "Cardinal Crazies" as they call themselves, are one of the best. Last season they absolutely took over Rupp Arena.

Disagree. Corbin's is better. SL had a lot of bandwagoneers at Rupp. Most home games they don't even fill up a whole section of the bleachers.

And they hardly travel at all, except to Corbin or NL. Corbin, on the other hand, travels well.

Disagree. Corbin's is better. SL had a lot of bandwagoneers at Rupp. Most home games they don't even fill up a whole section of the bleachers.

And they hardly travel at all, except to Corbin or NL. Corbin, on the other hand, travels well.

I would have to disagree, although just slightly. In all honesty its probably a tie. I think alot of the things you said about SL's student section could be applied to Corbins as well.

I would have to agree that CCH's pep section is the absolute best in the biz, what they did at Rupp couple of years back was very impressive. Never seen a crowd that big all take one shoe off simultaneously and jump up and down when an opponent lost a shoe and had to play multiple possesions without a shoe.

Have you seen St. Patrick's pep section lately? I saw them at Augusta and Augusta was doing the same cheers. St. Pat's section did all of their cheers in slow motion when they had the game locked and Augusta was quietly taking a loss.

Cov Cath has the best student section in the state and everyone saw it a couple years ago... The way they coordinate it is great... with each class sitting in a designated spot and wear blue or white so all the way up the stands its blue,white,blue,white... Only once have I seen them with no comeback, at the Holmes game earlier this year, and I'm not going to write what it was because I don't know if I'm allowed, but it had to do with the priest feelings towards them... :D

The real question is which of their chants in best??? Personally, the best I've seen was in the Warren Central game at state a few years ago when they did the wave then the fast wave, then the slow wave, and Warren tried to chant something back, and instead of the generic "we can't hear you" chant they came back with "SOME-ONE'S JEL-OUS".... It was great... :lol: :thumb:

If only our out-of-region pals could experience a rivalry game......

My favorite cheer has been when they all take a shoe off in rememberance of when someone lost a shoe on the court at Rupp in '03....just looks hilarious. I haven't seen it in a while though.