Highlands 53 Bishop Brossart 49

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brossart showed me a lot tonight, very big and strong and they play great defense. It was like watching 2 of the same teams out there tonight. Vories with a big steal to ice it and put them up 6 with 1 min to play.....

Refs let the big guys bang. I thought Brossart lost a little steam towards the end. A recruiter sitting with Vories dad the 2nd half. 7:50 seems early for soccer. :D

Agreed it was consistent. If HHS had made their free throws this is a 10+ point game easy. BBHS made their free throws but did not I don't think make a 3 point shot all night. A hard fought game by both teams that will both do well in their respective regions. Good Luck to the Mustangs the rest of the year.

On a side note, the refs were terrible, but I will say this, they were terrible both ways.
Overwhelmed is the term I would use - Totally Overwhelmed!

They tried to be good guys and let them "play" early and never got in control of the game. Totally brutal in the paint.

It was a war out there and they couldn't make either side happy.

A three man crew and a veteran with some command might have helped.

As it was the fouls were about even. Brossart hit on 18 of 24 from the stripe and the Birds 13 of 22. Both teams had 14 two-point goals, but the Birds won the battle from behind the arc 4-1.

Brossart's three was a bank. They took very few threes.

I am not a Code fan, but I thought his team played hard, looked sharp executing on offense, and played tough D. I really liked Brossarts team and how hard they played. Somone else said it, but they looked like mirror images of the birds.

The Brossart fans need to grow up and quit crying. I wasn't on the Highlands side so I don't know how our fans were, but Brossarts fans whined the entire game about the officiating. As Mustang said the fouls were close to even and if you take out the free throws down the stretch when Brossart had to foul then Brossart actually shot more. The officiating was what it was and didn't decide the game. Note to Brossart fans, when you spend the game begging for hand check fouls and three seconds you were begging for help that your kids didn't need.

I think the difference Willie Schlarman has made in the Highlands program is dramatic and it can be summarized in a word, passion. Highlands may never have Derrick Smiths, Jared Lorenzens, or Ross Neltners again, but Willie will always wring whatever talent he has out and get the most out of them. I think that is true of the bunch he has playing right now.

I am not a Code fan, but I thought his team played hard, looked sharp executing on offense, and played tough D. I really liked Brossarts team and how hard they played. Somone else said it, but they looked like mirror images of the birds.

The Brossart fans need to grow up and quit crying. I wasn't on the Highlands side so I don't know how our fans were, but Brossarts fans whined the entire game about the officiating. As Mustang said the fouls were close to even and if you take out the free throws down the stretch when Brossart had to foul then Brossart actually shot more. The officiating was what it was and didn't decide the game. Note to Brossart fans, when you spend the game begging for hand check fouls and three seconds you were begging for help that your kids didn't need.

I think the difference Willie Schlarman has made in the Highlands program is dramatic and it can be summarized in a word, passion. Highlands may never have Derrick Smiths, Jared Lorenzens, or Ross Neltners again, but Willie will always wring whatever talent he has out and get the most out of them. I think that is true of the bunch he has playing right now.

First: the Whining...check out the ST. Mary Parochial league on Sat. Mornings...this is where the whining develops. (with good reason)...they just continue on from there (also see NCC). I, too, am an "alum".

Second: Brossart has an excellent team "that on any given night" could/will upset a top team. They have size that's willing to "bang" and extremely quick guards that bothered Vories more than the more publicized Holmes' guards did. They desparately need some outside shooting to open up the passing lanes to the "big 'uns".

Three: Willie did an excellent job rotating the bench in and out. Eaton & Hudy were LARGE last nite. Scoring isn't the only measure of a good game.

Kudos to both teams for an excellent well-played, hard-fought game. And to all the "bangers" for playing with constraint in regard to tempers.

What was the deal with the Brossart student body and the FB jerseys? Trying them on for size??

It looked like many of the Brossart fans were complaining but so was I so it goes both ways I guess. I liked how Willie substituted a little better last night as opposed to the Holmes game. He brought in shooters/ballhandlers in certain 4th period situations and then brought in a Defensive look with Eaton and Smith.....The defense was textbook, both teams didnt give an inch. I thought Vories gave the Stangs a little respect in the KY POST this morning stating it was tough getting shots off. I saw the same thing.... Although I thoiught Seiter did a heckuva job on Vories in the 1st period and then seemed to disappear.

Those big fellas at Brossart do a great job of creating space and they have sticky hands. It seemed like every loose ball in the paint went to Brossart. In a nutshell, this was the type of game if you play it 10 times they probably split. Good Luck to Brossart in the 10th Region.. they will have their work cut out for them with PC.....

I never thought I would say this about a Vories...GREAT "D" !! (LOL). Jefferey made the difference with quick hands down low among the trees. Many steals, mis-directs , and closed down the baseline. (we all know the "little guy always gets the call down low...so they can get away with more "physicality" (is that a word?) )

I would STILL like to see the Wise guy (pun intended) get some varsity minutes in these big games. His size is needed at times and Willie just may wish he was seasoned down the stretch heading to tourney time!

...did ya' catch the halftime action last night? Moyer 5th graders "lighting it up" ! Jack Grimm, Mitchell Dee, Franklin Graves, Lucas "pop-a-shot" Turner, and friends were playing text book "racehorse" basketball. I like to see the kids get some "PRIME-TIME"...they'll remember that even when they're old!

I never thought I would say this about a Vories...GREAT "D" !! (LOL). Jefferey made the difference with quick hands down low among the trees. Many steals, mis-directs , and closed down the baseline. (we all know the "little guy always gets the call down low...so they can get away with more "physicality" (is that a word?) )

I would STILL like to see the Wise guy (pun intended) get some varsity minutes in these big games. His size is needed at times and Willie just may wish he was seasoned down the stretch heading to tourney time!

I dont watch many JV games so I dont know much about Wise but with those big guys from Brossart getting into some early foul trouble, last night would have been a good time to insert him in there and draw some fouls. Or maybe just bang them around a little. Eaton is Mr. Intangible and Hudepohl seems very cool on the floor... McGraw looked like a Sophomore last night... seemed a little rattled by the tough defensive pressure. It does though seem that those 9 guys sitting on the HHS bench are simply sitting in Bob Euchre's seats and thats about it..... maybe a better view of the game.