Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 14 Highlands 6 (Frosh)

Featured Replies

Colonels are now 4-0.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colonels are now 4-0.

 

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl63, width: 202][/TD]

[TD=class: xl65, width: 449, colspan: 4]CovCath 2013 Freshman Football Schedule[/TD]

[TD=class: xl63, width: 94][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl64]Day and Date[/TD]

[TD=class: xl64]Time[/TD]

[TD=class: xl64]Opponent[/TD]

[TD=class: xl64]Site[/TD]

[TD=class: xl64]Score[/TD]

[TD=class: xl64]Record[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl71]Aug. 28th Wed[/TD]

[TD=class: xl73]6:00pm[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66] Cooper[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]Away[/TD]

[TD=class: xl68]W 35-13[/TD]

[TD=class: xl74]1 - 0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl71]Sept. 5th Thursday[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]6:00pm[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]Campbell County[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]Away[/TD]

[TD=class: xl67]W 28-06[/TD]

[TD=class: xl74]2 - 0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl71]Sept. 11th Wed[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]6:00pm[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]Simon Kenton[/TD]

[TD=class: xl70]Home[/TD]

[TD=class: xl68]W 33-22[/TD]

[TD=class: xl74]3 - 0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl71]Sept. 18th Wed[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]6:00pm[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]Highlands[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]Away[/TD]

[TD=class: xl68]W 14-06[/TD]

[TD=class: xl74]4 - 0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl71]Sept. 25th Wed[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]5:30pm[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]Beechwood[/TD]

[TD=class: xl70]Home[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66][/TD]

[TD=class: xl72][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl71]Oct. 2nd Wed[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]5:30pm[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]Conner[/TD]

[TD=class: xl70]Home[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66][/TD]

[TD=class: xl72][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl71]Oct. 10th Thursday[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]6:00pm[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]Boone County[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]Away[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66][/TD]

[TD=class: xl72][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl71]Oct. 17th Thursday[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]6:00pm[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]Ryle[/TD]

[TD=class: xl69]Away[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66][/TD]

[TD=class: xl72][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl71]Oct. 24th Thursday[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]6:00pm[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]Dixie Heights[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66]Away[/TD]

[TD=class: xl66][/TD]

[TD=class: xl72][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Birds score with 28 seconds left and have it called back on a hold.

 

Holding? Really? I haven't seen holding called in about two years. I have seen the back of jerseys of players rushing the QB pulled like a piece of taffy right in front of refs and no holding call. Must have been a new ref calling this one and he hasn't got the message that holding isn't a penalty any more.

Very good game- probably a little Karma with the last hold as the CCH nose was getting held all night.

Highlands basically lined up and ran power football off tackle all night and were fairly succesfull with it.

CCH offense was hit and miss. Dropped a sure fire TD in the end zone. Probably should have been 21-6 or 21-13 at worst. Angel was a stud catching the ball. Tony Hentz has done an admirable job in his role- threw some ill advised balls tonight, but had some very nice tosses as well. Not too many teams can role out their back up QB and go 4-0. Nice luxury to have. Having said that, this team will take it to another level offensively with CVH.

Defensively both teams were laying the wood. I'll say this- whoever said CCH appeared soft on defense only had to see a little of this game to think otherwise. Shelton had a monster block on #35- I hated to see that kid go- he is a player. I think the other RB (#17?) was also knocked out late. Thoughts and prayers are with those boys and all the boys who got dinged up and who played their hearts out.

I expected nothing less from a Cov Cath and Highlands game- no matter what level.

 

Does anyone have Hentz stats (tonight and season)? I believe he had 2 TD's and 2 INT's tonight. He had to be close to 200 yards passing tonight. The 2 INT's tonight, I believe, were his first of the season through the first 4 games.

 

Unless I am mistaken (I am sure someone will correct me if I am), however, I believe #35 (Poulsford ?) got injured while attempting to tackle Angel on the sideline after one of his catches. It was a big collision between the two. #35 went down and remained down for a lengthy period of time. He looked extremely unsettled on his way back across the field after the injury. Does anyone have an update on his condition? He is a very good player for the Birds. Hopefully, he is ok.

 

Big interception at the end of the game by Thiel to help seal the victory for the Colonels. Nice TD receptions by France and Angel (who had to have over 100 yards receiving). A ton of tackles for Kuhr and Shelton for the Colonels.

 

Good Luck to both teams the rest of the season.

Edited by BigDP

If your a CovCath fan, this game must of reminded you of the Dixie vs. CovCath Varsity game. CovCath was up 8 points also in that game and Dixie was driving with seconds to go when Moore the QB of Dixie threw an INT that M. Way Intercepted in the end zone to clinch the game!

TOG, I need some feedback on the new pressbox...

 

Good,? bad,? ok,? no big deal?

 

Of course a thousand times better than what was up there before...:scared:

Does anyone have Hentz stats (tonight and season)? I believe he had 2 TD's and 2 INT's tonight. He had to be close to 200 yards passing tonight. The 2 INT's tonight, I believe, were his first of the season through the first 4 games.

 

Unless I am mistaken (I am sure someone will correct me if I am), however, I believe #35 (Poulsford ?) got injured while attempting to tackle Angel on the sideline after one of his catches. It was a big collision between the two. #35 went down and remained down for a lengthy period of time. He looked extremely unsettled on his way back across the field after the injury. Does anyone have an update on his condition? He is a very good player for the Birds. Hopefully, he is ok.

 

Big interception at the end of the game by Thiel to help seal the victory for the Colonels. Nice TD receptions by France and Angel (who had to have over 100 yards receiving). A ton of tackles for Kuhr and Shelton for the Colonels.

 

Good Luck to both teams the rest of the season.

 

Hentz has had a few interceptions- those we're not his first.

You are correct- #35 appeared to injure himself tackling Angel out of bounds. It was the same play where Shelton pealed back and laid a monster block on another Highlands player. Crazy collision- I thought it was #35 in the confusion.

Thiel had an outstanding game- they rarely got anything around his edge and then of course coming up with the interception to seal the deal.

The Colonels may not be challenged the rest of the way out. If CVH comes back, then it's lights out. Blueboys will claim the Frosh championship and lay to rest speculation as this is CCH greatest class ever.

The Colonels may not be challenged the rest of the way out. If CVH comes back, then it's lights out. Blueboys will claim the Frosh championship and lay to rest speculation as this is CCH greatest class ever.

 

I'm curious as to the records of the other Frosh teams. I've heard very good things about Conner and Ryle - even Beechwood here lately.

Very good game- probably a little Karma with the last hold as the CCH nose was getting held all night.

Highlands basically lined up and ran power football off tackle all night and were fairly succesfull with it.

CCH offense was hit and miss. Dropped a sure fire TD in the end zone. Probably should have been 21-6 or 21-13 at worst. Angel was a stud catching the ball. Tony Hentz has done an admirable job in his role- threw some ill advised balls tonight, but had some very nice tosses as well. Not too many teams can role out their back up QB and go 4-0. Nice luxury to have. Having said that, this team will take it to another level offensively with CVH.

Defensively both teams were laying the wood. I'll say this- whoever said CCH appeared soft on defense only had to see a little of this game to think otherwise. Shelton had a monster block on #35- I hated to see that kid go- he is a player. I think the other RB (#17?) was also knocked out late. Thoughts and prayers are with those boys and all the boys who got dinged up and who played their hearts out.

I expected nothing less from a Cov Cath and Highlands game- no matter what level.

 

Great seeing Brent Angel getting more balls thrown his way. That mismatch could have been taken advantage of all night. Congrats to Brent on a great game...loved watching him run after the catch, defintely not going down easy and punished some would be tacklers. Good luck the rest of the season!

The baby birds played with a lot of heart. It is understandable the kids probably felt pressure to continue to the streak; however, they should take great pride in their effort. My guess is that there were more than a few of the Colonel faithful with a minute to go either thinking, "here we go again" or "how can we in this position", which are both a testament to the fantastic effort of the frosh. I think that this group will be OK and perhaps might have a little more success in the coming years than they are experiencing at the moment. :D

 

I also must comment that I am disappointed that somehow a coveted frosh roster must have made its way into enemy hands. :jump:

The Colonels may not be challenged the rest of the way out. If CVH comes back, then it's lights out. Blueboys will claim the Frosh championship and lay to rest speculation as this is CCH greatest class ever.

 

Sarcasm? Why do people do this? First, you will likely never know if that's true and it definitely doesnt automatically translate to varsity success.

 

Statements like that only serve to create division among the fans, players and alumni.

 

While this team has some great talent, I would say their success is more a factor of the down state of freshman football than anything else.

The Colonels may not be challenged the rest of the way out. If CVH comes back, then it's lights out. Blueboys will claim the Frosh championship and lay to rest speculation as this is CCH greatest class ever.

They'll be challenged against Conner and Ryle, with or without CVH.

Sarcasm? Why do people do this? First, you will likely never know if that's true and it definitely doesnt automatically translate to varsity success.

 

Statements like that only serve to create division among the fans, players and alumni.

 

While this team has some great talent, I would say their success is more a factor of the down state of freshman football than anything else.

 

While I don't subscribe to labeling anything in absolutes like "best" or "worst" since there's no way to measure that, let's also not try and minimize the success of this CCH team by trying to rationalize that all of Freshman football is somehow down. That comes off like sour grapes. Maybe Highlands Frosh football is down- but you can't throw a blanket over all Frosh football. This is a very good team by any years standards.

Regardless- what matters most is that this group carries momentum into their remaining three years and keeps improving.

Sarcasm? Why do people do this? First, you will likely never know if that's true and it definitely doesnt automatically translate to varsity success.

 

Statements like that only serve to create division among the fans, players and alumni.

 

While this team has some great talent, I would say their success is more a factor of the down state of freshman football than anything else.

 

No sarcasm at all. This team and group have been talked about for a few years now. How the kids handle it will be a testimate to them as players. Dads/moms need to come down to earth and realize its frosh level football. I for one have never labeled the team I support as "greatest" ever. This talk is from their camp.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.