Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 14 Highlands 6 (Frosh)

Featured Replies

They'll be challenged against Conner and Ryle, with or without CVH.

 

I missed Beechwood on the schedule. That actually will be a battle. I am told the Beechies play very physical on the lines. Nothing cheap, just hard nosed football. Will be interesting to see if they run the table.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't subscribe to labeling anything in absolutes like "best" or "worst" since there's no way to measure that, let's also not try and minimize the success of this CCH team by trying to rationalize that all of Freshman football is somehow down. That comes off like sour grapes. Maybe Highlands Frosh football is down- but you can't throw a blanket over all Frosh football. This is a very good team by any years standards.

Regardless- what matters most is that this group carries momentum into their remaining three years and keeps improving.

 

Fair enough. I wasn't at all trying to minimize. You will see from my posts all of BGP CCH threads that I support CCH in a close second to the Tigers. I definitely believe that this is a great team, but I have heard "Greatest" and "Best ever" so many times in reference to many teams. It's an unmeasurable thing and has always bothers me --No matter what team/school it's about.

 

I think you can see that I called it a Great team and I do feel that CCH is the strong favorite to win the Freshman Championship this year. I have believed that from the moment I started seeing how they continue to succeed despite key injuries. So I assure you that there are no "Sour Grapes." In fact, I know many of the names involved and I'm very happy for the kids and and their parents. Believe me, I do hope it translates to success against the Birds at the Varsity level. Parents, Fans and sometimes coaches don't seem to realize that this is not automatic.

No sarcasm at all. This team and group have been talked about for a few years now. How the kids handle it will be a testimate to them as players. Dads/moms need to come down to earth and realize its frosh level football. I for one have never labeled the team I support as "greatest" ever. This talk is from their camp.

 

Yeah, ater reading your posts in the other threads, I realize where you stand.

TOG, I need some feedback on the new pressbox...

 

Good,? bad,? ok,? no big deal?

 

Of course a thousand times better than what was up there before...:scared:

 

Pluses:

 

You don't rock and roll when the wind blows

Large amount of space, enough for everybody

Looks nice, without the holes in the walls

A/C Heat...........outstanding

 

Negatives:

 

More chairs, stools

Windows need to have the ability to either be taken out or the ability to lift them up

Windows needed to be bigger from left to right (side to side). The way it is now, your timekeeper can't really see the scoreboard without having to move forward more than a bit due to the wall.

 

However in saying all this, it is very nice and 1,000% nicer than what was there or ours. Must still say though that my favorite box is still Scott HS.

Congrats to the Blue Boys.....

 

It's about Dang time! J/K I guess we FTJFL coaches are going to work extra harder now.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.