Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many more years before UK basketball gets in trouble with the NCAA?

Featured Replies

You could start a thread like this about any top school. Silly

 

This.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good question. When Wall was penalized, was UK penalized as well, or just Wall? I thought it was just Wall. In my original question, I am talking about an instance when the UK men's basketball program is penalized.

 

Just Wall, but in my opinion, it was a token punishment for the sake of giving a punishment, that way if something horrible was unearthed later, it could always fall under that umbrella of that 'punishment'. Now, no matter what is unearthed on Wall, they have an out.

 

If you are asking about the UK program itself, which is something that one of my law school friends whose a huge sports fan asked me, I tell them this. "This is what I'd say about any school: I don't think the NCAA is in the business of vacating championships. Unless something comes out in court testimony that is just damning like Webber/Michigan, etc., I don't see the 2012 team and their title being touched. That's just me."

I honestly don't worry about it anymore.

 

With the recent issues at North Carolina, Texas A & M and Duke with little to no punishment, it would have to be a huge scandal for anything serious to come from it. I think the NCAA lost a lot of the fear factor they had going by the way they handled those three cases.

 

Those three situations kind of paved the way for other elite schools. Don't talk to the NCAA and hire some high profile lawyers and you're good

...

 

This as well.

 

The NCAA is in a very fragile, precarious situation with the public right now as far as paying players, etc. goes. I don't think they really want to go down that road right now. Had this been five or ten years ago, I'd have probably felt differently.

"NBA coach". LOLZ...

 

Did he not coach 2 1/2 years in the NBA? That makes him a former NBA coach correct?

Did he not coach 2 1/2 years in the NBA? That makes him a former NBA coach correct?

 

I think I can answer this one..... Yes.

Why do they have to get in trouble? Elite recruits want to play for an NBA coach that have state of the art facilities. Besides Cal doesn't get them all, he missed the next Lebron this year and the #1 guy next year.

 

I would like to point out that, in my opinion, Wiggins is not the next Lebron.

 

Did he not coach 2 1/2 years in the NBA? That makes him a former NBA coach correct?

 

Can you find in the post I quoted where it says "former"?

 

And let's be real. As a coach at the NBA level, Cal sucked. Ask 100 people if they consider him a college or NBA coach and how do you see the poll finishing? 99% college???

 

I would like to point out that, in my opinion, Wiggins is not the next Lebron.

 

Maybe Tracy McGrady...

Maybe Tracy McGrady...

 

He's certainly a great player but his game just isn't that type of game (LeBron that is). I'm interested to see how he does at KU this season.

I honestly don't have any worry at all about UK Basketball getting into trouble. All of that worry went out the window after the first two seasons (guys Calipari maybe recruited while at Memphis). Maybe I'm naïve, but I don't think he has to cheat to get the guys that he does.

 

Top of the line facilities

Proven success in the NCAA

Proven success in getting guys to the NBA

Giving the guys one of the biggest spotlights they can get

 

Top that off, I think he comes across as a coach a lot of young players want to play for. Its no wonder most top recruits at least consider Kentucky.

I honestly don't have any worry at all about UK Basketball getting into trouble. All of that worry went out the window after the first two seasons (guys Calipari maybe recruited while at Memphis). Maybe I'm naïve, but I don't think he has to cheat to get the guys that he does.

 

Top of the line facilities

Proven success in the NCAA

Proven success in getting guys to the NBA

Giving the guys one of the biggest spotlights they can get

 

Top that off, I think he comes across as a coach a lot of young players want to play for. Its no wonder most top recruits at least consider Kentucky.

 

If he's cheating now he's the biggest idiot on the planet. And I don't think he's an idiot...

Bigger problem will not be Cal/Coaches cheating but a player taking outside money from a handler...unfortunately that is a very real possibility.

Bigger problem will not be Cal/Coaches cheating but a player taking outside money from a handler...unfortunately that is a very real possibility.

 

I agree, don't have any proof, but like GT said if Cal is cheating in the present then he needs a phlebotomy.

I agree, don't have any proof, but like GT said if Cal is cheating in the present then he needs a phlebotomy.

 

That is one of the funniest things I've ever seen!!

 

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

How many more years will it be before something happens that causes UK basketball to get penalized by the NCAA? I am sure that there are lots of people and organizations who are scrutinizing UK and Calipari. When will something get uncovered or disclosed that results in sanctions?

 

wah wah wah 2.jpg

Edited by coldweatherfan

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.