Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arctic Sea Ice Up 60%

Featured Replies

The problem with the global warming debate is that I find myself not giving a rip. I know somewhere someone just let go of the tree they are hugging to stand astonished, but I just don't care. As much as try to make it seem important to me, I can't. I think it's because of all the political wrangling and crappy "science".

 

I can understand the position. It is a very unclear picture when dealing with complex variables and the dynamics of the environment. What I hope doesn't happen, is that it doesn't preclude people exercising common sense as to what is healthy or not.

 

I would hope there is an agreement at some level that pouring/emitting chemicals, etc. into water and air can't be good!

I can understand the position. It is a very unclear picture when dealing with complex variables and the dynamics of the environment. What I hope doesn't happen, is that it doesn't preclude people exercising common sense as to what is healthy or not.

 

I would hope there is an agreement at some level that pouring/emitting chemicals, etc. into water and air can't be good!

 

Agreed. But now I'm really confused. If there isn't global cooling and still is global warming, when do I cut my grass? Do I combine trips or make multiple trips? I just don't know.

I am looking forward to all the gas money I will save when I drive to Pikeville Beach.

Agreed. But now I'm really confused. If there isn't global cooling and still is global warming, when do I cut my grass? Do I combine trips or make multiple trips? I just don't know.

 

Use scissors. :laugh:

 

 

Or.....rent a herbivore.

Use scissors. :laugh:

 

 

Or.....rent a herbivore.

 

But not a cow with the amount of methane they produce...

FWIW:

 

The Daily Mail Is Wrong: The Earth Keeps Warming - Forbes

 

First, in 2012, Arctic sea ice reached a extreme record low – so any extent that wasn’t a record-breaker could be spun as an “increase.” Second, when you’re looking at long term trends in climate, you have to look at just that – the trends. Not the year to year noise. So what happens if we look at the long term trend in Arctic sea ice? We find that 2013 is well below the average Arctic Ice coverage for the years between 1981 and 2010, as this chart from the National Snow and Ice Data Center shows:

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41117[/ATTACH]

 

I don't think 30 years is "long term" either when you're talking climate trends but I get what they're saying.

Ive been married for 25 years and I know for a fact the ice caps are increasing on my wife.

Wonder how many cars and coal-fired plants were around 10,000 years ago? Or 125,000 years ago?

 

Given the periodic nature of the tempratures over 400,000 we should be hoping for it to get warmer - because the pattern says it is going to get much colder in the next 1,000 years or so.

 

415k-year-temp-graph.jpg

Carbon dioxide levels are shown to be a result, not a cause of higher temperatures.

 

The 800 year lag ? graphed « JoNova

 

"The bottom line is that rising temperatures cause carbon levels to rise. Carbon may still influence temperatures, but these ice cores are neutral on that. If both factors caused each other to rise significantly, positive feedback would become exponential. We’d see a runaway greenhouse effect. It hasn’t happened. Some other factor is more important than carbon dioxide, or carbon’s role is minor."

Wonder how many cars and coal-fired plants were around 10,000 years ago? Or 125,000 years ago?

 

Given the periodic nature of the tempratures over 400,000 we should be hoping for it to get warmer - because the pattern says it is going to get much colder in the next 1,000 years or so.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41119[/ATTACH]

 

I guess my question is, how do scientists know what the temperatures were 10,000 years ago?

Ive been married for 25 years and I know for a fact the ice caps are increasing on my wife.

 

:lol2: Nomination for post of the year.

I guess my question is, how do scientists know what the temperatures were 10,000 years ago?

 

theoldguy told them.

I guess those so called CHEM TRAILS have been working after all.

I guess my question is, how do scientists know what the temperatures were 10,000 years ago?

 

Google

 

This guy does a daily space weather update.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.