Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Syria debate

Featured Replies

Ever wonder how or why there always seems to be bi-partisan cooperation whenever it's time to bomb some place on the other side of the world? Just look into the political coffers and see how much of it comes from defense contractors.

 

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence -- economic, political, even spiritual -- is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

 

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. ~ President Dwight D. Eisenhower in his last speech to America as President

 

Military-Industrial Complex Speech, Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961

Wait... how do people who want their political system organized by a 1,000-year-old book end up on the left wing? Now there have been Islamic socialists before, but it was guys like Nasser, Arafat and Gaddhafi. Certainly not fundamentalist groups like al-Qaeda.

 

I suppose it's all relative in the grand scheme of things but "left wing" is among the last thing I'd use to describe these people.

 

In fact, the exact opposite. These groups fall into the radical right category.

The big development today is Russia supporting the call for Syria to surrender its chemical weapons.

The big development today is Russia supporting the call for Syria to surrender its chemical weapons.

 

That is actually pretty big news. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

I say we tie the following up to a cruise missile and shoot it into Syria.

John McCain

Nancy Pelosi

Diane Feinstein

John Boener

Eric Holder

Hillary Clinton

Susan Rice

Valerie Jarrette

Jane Fonda

John Kerry

Rachael Maddow

Chris Matthews

Mitch McConnell

And lets not forget the King himself, Barack Obama

Well that was interesting Obama, you sounded like a bad dude at the beginning then went soft I think??

The Syria researcher whose Wall Street Journal op-piece was cited by Secretary of State John Kerry and Sen. John McCain during congressional hearings about the use of force has been fired from the Institute for the Study of War for lying about having a Ph.D., the group announced on Wednesday.

 

 

 

Read more: WSJ op-ed writer Elizabeth O?Bagy fired for resume lie - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com

So where are we at now on this? I'm lost on this issue and have been focusing on football. Did we win?

So where are we at now on this? I'm lost on this issue and have been focusing on football. Did we win?

 

Define 'win' on this subject...

So where are we at now on this? I'm lost on this issue and have been focusing on football. Did we win?

 

If by win you mean having a feckless president kowtowing to Russia and giving the Russian President an opportunity to lecture the US on human rights and morality in the NYTimes then yes we won.

 

LINK

 

 

Side note: Swear to God I Googled feckless to make sure I was using it properly and a picture of Obama popped up.

Did we win? Did we get want we wanted? I saw something that said Syria was turning their weapons over but not because of us. Doesn't that mean we go what we wanted?

 

Again, I have paid zero attention to what is going on in Syria. I have had more important things going on like my fantasy football teams and arguing about how good BG is to worry about a war I knew would never happen. I was just wondering if the end result was what we wanted?

Thanks for the Putin link. I was getting ready to search for it.

Very well written piece by Putin. I ain't mad at him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.