Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Cardinals August 26th - 28th

Featured Replies

Nice stroke by Bruce. Dude has got pop.

  • Replies 299
  • Views 27.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Cards are simply better. Isn't admitting it the first step to recovery?

 

Admitted it a while ago. I was just hoping the Reds would prove me wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Chapman is the best arm in the pen, correct? Runners 2nd and 3rd with one out up 1. Wouldn't that be a good spot for your best pitcher?

 

I know it would never happen but that's why I don't like traditional baseball too much anymore.

The Cards are simply better. Isn't admitting it the first step to recovery?

 

Their hitters were excellent in that inning. They didn't swing at anything that wasn't a strike. Made the pitchers come to them. If they didn't, they took the walk. When the mistake was made, they pounced.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Chapman is the best arm in the pen, correct? Runners 2nd and 3rd with one out up 1. Wouldn't that be a good spot for your best pitcher?

 

I know it would never happen but that's why I don't like traditional baseball too much anymore.

 

Those guys have been good the last few weeks. No reason to change things now. They just didn't get it done. Does it matter if they blow it in the 7th or 9th? They have to get it done, bottom line.

  • Author
Correct me if I'm wrong but Chapman is the best arm in the pen, correct? Runners 2nd and 3rd with one out up 1. Wouldn't that be a good spot for your best pitcher?

 

I know it would never happen but that's why I don't like traditional baseball too much anymore.

 

Can't use your best pitcher before the 9th.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Chapman is the best arm in the pen, correct? Runners 2nd and 3rd with one out up 1. Wouldn't that be a good spot for your best pitcher?

 

I know it would never happen but that's why I don't like traditional baseball too much anymore.

 

Yeah, probably won't see that in the 7th from any manager ... even LaRussa wouldn't go for that experiment.

The difference in the Reds and Cards is that they expect to succeed with RISP.

 

Could be wrong but I think they lead the league in runners left on base. What helps them most is they all hit for a good average and they all get chances to drive in runs.

 

Side note game tracker on CBS sports had the ball 4 pitch as a strike fairly easily. I didn't see it so I can't comment on the pitch. Did it look like a strike?

If that's a strike Holiday was out

Reds have been pinched, no doubt. But he's not gettin that call on the black to Holiday in that park, ever. Umpires suck.

Those guys have been good the last few weeks. No reason to change things now. They just didn't get it done. Does it matter if they blow it in the 7th or 9th? They have to get it done, bottom line.

 

Who says the Reds are in a position to blow it in the 9th if you get out of the 7th by using your best pitcher?

 

And Hoover just gave up his second granny in a week..

 

Could be wrong but I think they lead the league in runners left on base. What helps them most is they all hit for a good average and they all get chances to drive in runs.

 

Side note game tracker on CBS sports had the ball 4 pitch as a strike fairly easily. I didn't see it so I can't comment on the pitch. Did it look like a strike?

 

Looked like it was. If strike 2 to Ludwick was a strike ball four was definitely a strike.

The Cards are simply better. Isn't admitting it the first step to recovery?

 

They have a far better lineup that's for sure.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.