July 22, 201313 yr As a side note: I just saw on Twitter that apparently Aaron Rodgers had told a follower he would bet his entire salary that Braun was clean. He makes 40 Million this year.
July 23, 201313 yr Anyone think the Brewers try and void the contract? I hope they do. I'm betting future contracts will have PED stipulations, if they don't already.
July 23, 201313 yr Anyone think the Brewers try and void the contract? The guy lied repeatedly and was a jerk to do so, but is and still will be one of the best players in the MLB next year when he comes back and everything will be forgotten, plus you know he will be clean from here on out and unlike A-Rod, Braun is still a young guy not even in his prime. If I'm the Brewers I definetly keep him, but maybe restructure his contract if they could to maybe get some players to go around him
July 23, 201313 yr The guy lied repeatedly and was a jerk to do so, but is and still will be one of the best players in the MLB next year when he comes back and everything will be forgotten, plus you know he will be clean from here on out and unlike A-Rod, Braun is still a young guy not even in his prime. If I'm the Brewers I definetly keep him, but maybe restructure his contract if they could to maybe get some players to go around him Why in the world would anyone think he'll stay clean? He's been caught twice now, why would it change?
July 23, 201313 yr Because the MLB PA is rock solid. I would venture that a contract is more solid than a union that is against PEDs anyway.
July 23, 201313 yr @DickieV 9h I love baseball & I have spent thousands 4 season tix - makes me so upset that these con artists like Braun will get back in the game #LIAR Tell us how you really feel lol
July 23, 201313 yr Interesting discussion on Mike & Mike this morning re. the difference between baseball and football. Nearly everyone is excoriating Braun - and rightly so; many are calling for a permanent ban. On the flip side, folks are saying that they sure hope Von Miller gets back as soon as possible.
July 23, 201313 yr Plus, it was an excuse for them to play parts of one of the greatest comedy bits ever. Football or baseball - YouTube
July 23, 201313 yr Interesting discussion on Mike & Mike this morning re. the difference between baseball and football. Nearly everyone is excoriating Braun - and rightly so; many are calling for a permanent ban. On the flip side, folks are saying that they sure hope Von Miller gets back as soon as possible. It is strange. There are at least a half dozen football players every year that get popped for PED's/Substance abuse problems, and it's rarely big news. Brian Cushing got popped after his rookie of the year campaign and there was no huge outrage. I think with baseball, there is such a strong association with numbers and history. People can recite who has the most hits and home runs and exactly how many. When these records and achievements get broken its a huge deal. Think about, Roger Maris's 61 home runs had an asterisk next to it because he played in 8 extra games than Babe.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.