Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville’s Montrezl Harrell Fires Shots at Kentucky’s Freshman

Featured Replies

You are stating opinion as fact. We're done here... :lol2:

 

We rarely agree. Doesn't upset me in the least.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with him, even though I think UK will be strong. No idea why anyone would ask that question to him.

The same thing that he said about the UK freshmen can be said to an extent about him. No other way to spin it.

 

Please explain...

I'm still a big fan of saying nothing.

 

I would agree with that if he hasn't been specifically asked about UK's freshmen. But the fact of the matter is that the media asked him, and he gave his thoughts. I really don't know what all the hubbub is about.

No way is that a shot.

 

 

Typical UK fan overreaction.

 

 

That's a shot. :D

 

:lol2:

Say what about my man Silent L?

 

Without Harrell, Louisville doesn't beat Syracuse (a team that then went on to make the Final Four, I know a lot of UK fans skipped watching this tournament so some of you guys may not know that) doesn't get the top overall seed (probably not even a 1 seed at all) and might have had a different fate in the tournament. Even if that's all he's done--and it isn't--that's still more than enough to inoculate him against any claim that he's just as unproven a commodity as incoming freshmen.

 

Even his spectacular dunk to close the half in the title game would be enough.

I guess I'm not gonna get my explanation.

I guess I'm not gonna get my explanation.

 

Just this month Harrell was the leading scorer in the gold medal game of the U-19 World Championships. There's no good explanation for that position.

Just this month Harrell was the leading scorer in the gold medal game of the U-19 World Championships. There's no good explanation for that position.

 

He clearly hasn't watched or kept up with anything regarding Trez.

I guess I'm not gonna get my explanation.

 

Blind hatred for anything Cardinal? :D. I can't think of anything rational to offer.

Wow. I read the headline and thought there was some serious, hardened criminal activity going down. :isurrender:

Snarkiness and sarcasm aside, it sounds like Harrell gave a competitor's response to a question. I'm a UK alum and hope UK beats Louisville so badly that we play our walk-ons the entire 2nd half, but this comment doesn't really get my blood boiling or anything.

 

Guess we'll see when we play. The past two NCAA Championships reside in Kentucky, and I'm proud of that, so hopefully I have that in common with U of L fans. It's a fun rivalry, one of the greatest in sports, but I can still respect their achievements.

 

As of today, they are the defending national champions, so that means the victory would mean that much more this time around.

 

:popcorn:

Too bad this rivalry game couldn't be played on a temporary court at Commonwealth or Papa John's!

Too bad this rivalry game couldn't be played on a temporary court at Commonwealth or Papa John's!

 

It would still sell out, in either building.

It would still sell out, in either building.

 

Not a fan of outdoor games. (See: Florida Gators vs. Georgetown basketball game cancelled after first half due safety issues | Tampa Bay Times)

 

I think having it on each's team's home floor on a rotating basis just adds to the rivalry. Teams have a home court advantage, and in years where one team is better than the other, there is still a good chance that the game won't be a blow-out. That's just what rivalries are about.

 

Think of what the rivalry means in general (i.e., bragging rights, the nation watching in a prime tv slot), and fitting a few 1,000 more people into an awkwardly configured arena with health and safety issues for the players just isn't as feasible).

I will say it was cool to be part of the UK/UL game in New Orleans two seasons ago. That was crazy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.