Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

At the 2015 All-Star Game in Cincinnati...

Featured Replies

Who do you have throw out the first pitch?

 

I loved, loved, loved seeing Tom Seaver throw out the first pitch last night, and thought the Mets couldn't have made a better choice. So, it got me thinking as to who should have that honor in a couple of years when Cincinnati hosts.

 

Some of the obvious choices include:

Pete Rose (if reinstated) - 17x All-Star

Johnny Bench - 14x AS

Joe Morgan - 10x AS, 1972 AS MVP

Barry Larkin - 12x AS

Davey Concepcion - 9x AS, 1982 AS MVP

Tony Perez - 7x AS, 1967 AS MVP

 

Thinking a little outside the box, I figured:

Eric Davis - 2x AS, 1989 HR Derby Champ

Chris Sabo - 3x AS, ROY in 1988 (the last time the AS game was in Cincinnati)

Tom Browning - 1x AS, threw perfect game in 1988 (again, the last time AS was in town)

Jose Rijo - 1x AS - And 2015 will mark the 25th anniversary of the Reds last WS win

 

I love each and every one of these guys, and think a valid argument could be made for any of them to throw out the first pitch. However, if I had to choose just one to represent the franchise like Seaver did, it has to start with one Peter Edward Rose.

 

What say you?

  • Replies 55
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it'd be awesome for Pete Rose to throw out the first pitch. I also think there is a 0% chance of that happening.

I love Pete Rose. No way do I want him throwing out the first pitch. He is a criminal and he violated the cardinal rule in baseball. That would be an embarrassment to have him throw out the first pitch. I say you go with Johnny Bench, the greatest living Cincinnati Red.

 

Side note ... someone told me you can buy tickets for the 2015 All Star game right now. Is that true?

Nick Lachey or Mayor Mallory. But really, Barry Larkin. Cincy resident, career long Red. Have him throw to Johnny Bench.

Bench is my All-Time Favorite Player so I want him involved some way. I like the idea of him catching the first pitch also.

Agree with Mex, I'd have Barry throw to Bench.

 

If it's Pete Rose, which it won't be, no chance in hell I attend.

Agree with Mex, I'd have Barry throw to Bench.

 

If it's Pete Rose, which it won't be, no chance in hell I attend.

 

 

Boy, that would really make the Reds reconsider if Pete were eligible, and they were considering him. :lol2::lol2:

Boy, that would really make the Reds reconsider if Pete were eligible, and they were considering him. :lol2::lol2:

 

Never said it would.

UKMF what's worst? What Pete did or what McGwire, Bonds, & Clemens did?

UKMF what's worst? What Pete did or what McGwire, Bonds, & Clemens did?

 

My opinion? Rose and it ain't even close. However, my dislike for him has zero to do with him as a player. Guy is the biggest tool in the history of the world.

My opinion? Rose and it ain't even close. However, my dislike for him has zero to do with him as a player. Guy is the biggest tool in the history of the world.

 

Hmm... :idunno:

Hmm... :idunno:

 

Doing roids helps you perform, thus helping your team win.

 

Rose bet on baseball. I think you have to be incredibly naïve to think he didn't bet against the Reds. That is, IMO, 100x worse than juicing. :idunno:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.