Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ranking Class 5A

Featured Replies

What will the top in 5A look like in the pre-season? What teams will surprise us? What normal top 10 teams will not be as good as expected? I'll start with what I expect. What do you think?

 

1. Bowling Green

2. Conner

3. Cooper

4. John Hardin

5. Warren Central

6. Franklin County

7. South Oldham

8. Christian County

9. Graves County

10. Harlan County

 

Others:

Anderson County

Shelby County

Greenwood

Whitley County

Montgomery County

  • Replies 89
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harlan County is too low. Their offense is going to put up huge numbers. I would put them around #7.

 

Have to give John Hardin the #2 spot IMHO..the NKY teams are interchangeable at 3/4.

 

Could see Franklin County taking a step back without Mr. Everything Timmons.

 

May very well be the toughest class.

Have to give John Hardin the #2 spot IMHO..the NKY teams are interchangeable at 3/4.

Agree with JH at 2. Christian Co. and Warren Central will be ahead of Conner & Cooper.

I know people will struggle with this thought based on their history but Scott high school will be pretty darn good this year!

  • Author
I know people will struggle with this thought based on their history but Scott high school will be pretty darn good this year!

I don't dispute that, but what do they have back to make you say that?

This is a season Scott football has been looking forward to for 3 years. The seniors won a championship as freshmen. There is talent and some size in the senior class. I believe one of their linemen is getting D1 looks. There was improvement last year with this group as juniors, going 5-6. Unfortunately, with the program history, this will be one of those "show me" seasons. I am sure at mid-season if Scott is playing well, there will be people complaining about "no respect". Respect is something they will have to earn every Friday night and it won't be there till the end of the season if they win as Scott fans hope.

Looking at the field during the Scott v Cooper game last year, I knew this would be a good season for Scott. They were much more competitive in that game than the score showed, and they were sooo YOUNG. I searched both sides of the ball for a starting senior and I think I came up empty! They were quick and athletic against a very solid Jaguar team and I was thinking Cooper might struggle against them this season. Football is a cyclical game, ya' know. It doesn't take long for the cleat to wind up on the other foot.

I don't dispute that, but what do they have back to make you say that?

 

Scott has a strong running game with some big talented multi-year starters up front. They return their two leading rushers in Castleman and Osborne, Osborne is also their QB.The Eagles run the Double Wing on offense and are good at controlling the tempo and clock. This unique and contrarian approach they use on offense makes them difficult to prepare for and takes teams awhile to adjust.

  • Author
Scott has a strong running game with some big talented multi-year starters up front. They return their two leading rushers in Castleman and Osborne, Osborne is also their QB.The Eagles run the Double Wing on offense and are good at controlling the tempo and clock. This unique and contrarian approach they use on offense makes them difficult to prepare for and takes teams awhile to adjust.

Great information. Thanks for begin specific.

I think Pulaski County will be a fringe Top 10 team and will play Harlan County for the Regional Title. The Maroons played a lot of freshmen last season and will be very good at the skill positions. The sophomore group won the big school state championship as 7th and 8th graders. If they can get consistent line play, and they've got the bodies there, they could be very good. I think they're a notch below Harlan County but I'd put them ahead of Whitley County. They beat the Colonels last season and return more.

  • Author
I think Pulaski County will be a fringe Top 10 team and will play Harlan County for the Regional Title. The Maroons played a lot of freshmen last season and will be very good at the skill positions. The sophomore group won the big school state championship as 7th and 8th graders. If they can get consistent line play, and they've got the bodies there, they could be very good. I think they're a notch below Harlan County but I'd put them ahead of Whitley County. They beat the Colonels last season and return more.

I've been on the Pulaski bandwagon before and they have burned me every time. They will have to prove something first.

I've been on the Pulaski bandwagon before and they have burned me every time. They will have to prove something first.

 

They do seem to do better when they don't have high preseason expectations. I don't think they will be a top 5 team or that they will win the region but they return the majority of their starters off of a 9-4, Regional Runner-Up team. They'll be right around 8-10 in 5A, barring injuries, by the end of the season.

 

Madison Southern, with Damien Harris back at running back will be dangerous as well.

Agree with JH at 2. Christian Co. and Warren Central will be ahead of Conner & Cooper.

 

WC replaces a three year starter at QB; I'd say having them pegged at 5 is right, I may even put them a little lower at 6 or 7. No way they are the third or fourth best team in 5A right now.

WC replaces a three year starter at QB; I'd say having them pegged at 5 is right, I may even put them a little lower at 6 or 7. No way they are the third or fourth best team in 5A right now.

 

I disagree, with Bunton at QB they won't miss a beat IMO.

Cooper looks like a shell of the team they were last year. Can they really be that high?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.