Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Aaron Hernandez be able to get an un-biased jury/fair trial?

Featured Replies

So much for the wonderful Patriots being able to handle any player. Maybe now the media bias about how great the patriots are in straightening out players will change.

 

If Corey Dillon and OchoCinco weren't good enough examples of that, of course.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, the knock knock joke was terribly done in the Zimmerman trial and it was a huge insult to the jurors but it was absolutely true. They will be able to find 12 clueless people in the Boston area that are uninformed on newsworthy topics. It's really sad.

Gangsta till ya get caught

 

:lol2: really? Cell phone mirror pic with a gun?? He thought that was cool?

Nothing wrong with owning a firearm, but this is stupidity. :ohbrother:

 

In his case there maybe. Past the fact they cannot locate the gun in the picture. MA has very strict gun laws it appears. I would be interested in knowing how strict. From reports they make it sound as if owning the gun was an issue.

 

I don't think the release of him is going to do much to a jury. The Pats are a bussness and they are making bussness decisions. How effective could he be dealing with this and playing? Cut him. Save some money and find someone else to fill the roster spot.

In his case there maybe. Past the fact they cannot locate the gun in the picture. MA has very strict gun laws it appears. I would be interested in knowing how strict. From reports they make it sound as if owning the gun was an issue.

 

I don't think the release of him is going to do much to a jury. The Pats are a bussness and they are making bussness decisions. How effective could he be dealing with this and playing? Cut him. Save some money and find someone else to fill the roster spot.

 

Who knows if he even still owned that gun. I believe that picture was taken when he was 19 years old in Gainesville.

Ok it appears from just a quick search you need a FID card to own a firearm and to own ammunition. Two of his gun charges are from that. The FID card is a Firearm Identification Card. Some of the other charges are not having a license for a firearm and two counts of carrying a large capicty firearm.

Yes, plenty of people out there to sit on a jury that don't even know sports exist.

 

Exactly. And while Aaron Hernandez is a well known player, the casual fan, even in NE, may not have a clue who he is.

Who knows if he even still owned that gun. I believe that picture was taken when he was 19 years old in Gainesville.

 

I have no idea about what proof they have that he still owned the glock 45 type gun that was used. They did recover shell casing in the car and at the scene. I don't know about prints from shell casing past what you see on tv.

Absolutely. I'd say a pretty sizable precentage of the adult population of this country have no clue who Aaron Hernandez is.

So much for the wonderful Patriots being able to handle any player. Maybe now the media bias about how great the patriots are in straightening out players will change.

 

Who have they straightened out?? Lets run down the list.....Chad Johnson--nope, Randy Moss--briefly, but nope, Corey Dillon--maybe. I think a lot gets made about the Patriots being able to handle ego's and still have a tight knit, but yet diverse locker room. And for the most part that is true. But, I don't think they get any credit for straightening players out. This certainly isn't the Patriots fault.

Leave Randy Moss out of this. He flourished in New England when they said he couldn't.

Who have they straightened out?? Lets run down the list.....Chad Johnson--nope, Randy Moss--briefly, but nope, Corey Dillon--maybe. I think a lot gets made about the Patriots being able to handle ego's and still have a tight knit, but yet diverse locker room. And for the most part that is true. But, I don't think they get any credit for straightening players out. This certainly isn't the Patriots fault.

 

Forgot about Albert Haynesworth.

Lets go through that list.

Moss: did great and had no issues. He isn't there because of price to return. He hasn't had any issues in SF either.

 

Johnson: didn't cause and issue but also didn't produce. The word is he couldn't grasp the offense.

 

Dillion: I know many in Cincy don't like him but I never had an issue. The guy produced and felt like the organization wasn't doing anything to help him out and he was playing on mid to low level teams. If he had been playing in other cities I don't think it would of been an issue. He wanted to win and get a ring.

 

They currently have Mallet on that roster and word about him coming out of college was huge attitude problems.

  • Author

Hernandez has become a national news story and with yet another allegation of a double homicide he is a person of interest in I think it is going to be tough for him to get an un-biased jury/fair trial.

  • Author
That would include me, just now trying to figure out what he did. Pro football not my "cup of tea".

 

I have seen you at more Pro Football Games than anyone else on BGP.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.