Independence Day 2 coming in 2015

Not sure but I loved it for whatever reason. That was a big year for movies that I will never forget. Independence Day, Twister, Eraser, English Patient, Fargo, Nutty Professor, The Rock, Mission: Impossible, Jerry Maguire, Ransom, The People vs. Larry Flynt, Sling Blade, and Primal Fear.

I definitely wasn't a fan of Independence Day when it came out. I'm not sure why...but it was honestly a pretty big disappointment to me. Fargo, Jerry Maguire and Primal Fear, on the other hand....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In retrospect it was lame, but when it came out I loved it.

Looking back it would have been 10x better if they replaced Jeff Goldblum with......well anyone else would have been better. Bobcat Goldthwait would have been better, a stuffed armadillo would have been better...

I watch Independence Day every time it comes on. In retrospect, as Randy said, it's probably lame but it was a highly enjoyable movie that I still love to this day.

I like Jaden in Karate Kid also. If Will isn't in ID2 then Jaden has to be in it. And how can Will say Jaden isn't ready as an actor but he's next to him in that silly movie they got out now? Oxymoron?

I watch Independence Day every time it comes on. In retrospect, as Randy said, it's probably lame but it was a highly enjoyable movie that I still love to this day.

I like Jaden in Karate Kid also. If Will isn't in ID2 then Jaden has to be in it. And how can Will say Jaden isn't ready as an actor but he's next to him in that silly movie they got out now? Oxymoron?

Jaden was MUCH better in the current movie, Will was actually a little hard to watch. Seemed to be over acting a bit.

I'd love Will in ID2, it would be like watching Smokey and The Bandit 3 without Burt Reynolds if he's not in it. Well it can't be THAT bad.

Nothing with Jeff Goldblum in it is lame, CWB....Nothing.

I liked him best as The Big Bad Wolf in Faerie Tale Theater's "The Three Little Pigs". Classic, circa 1985.

Hit and miss after that. Probably more hits than misses to be fair, but plenty of misses nevertheless.

Am I the only one that thought the original movie was lame?

Nope. It's pretty bad. I saw it in a theater in 1996 then didn't see it again until about 2008. It really didn't hold up for me. I remember almost jumping out of my chair in the theater when Brent Spiner showed up; that was the only thing that happened the same the second time around.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish, without a fight! We're going to live on. We're going to survive. Today, we celebrate, our Independence Day!"

Greatest line in the movie. One of my Top 5 favorite movie quotes. Gives me chills every time.

Looking back it would have been 10x better if they replaced Jeff Goldblum with......well anyone else would have been better. Bobcat Goldthwait would have been better, a stuffed armadillo would have been better...

This is blasphamy! Just like Jurrassic Park, he's all the holds the movie together.