Male 9 Eastern 1 (7th Region Championship)

Eastern came and went like Sonny Liston.

The game was decided quickly as the Male Bulldogs Varsity exerted their will early and often with seven runs in the first three innings.

Lead off walk followed by an E1, sac fly by ALEX GINTER, a wild pitch in the first inning and RBI singles by JESSICA WIREMAN and KENNEDY BISHOP during the second inning supplied the early offense for the Male Bulldogs.

For any of you who have been to Ulmer Stadium, you'll appreciate this. Male's senior catcher MANDY JOHNSON crashed a line drive off the video screen ABOVE the scoreboard...220' fence, and 30+ feet up!! That's putting a run on the board!!

Up 9-0 in top of 7th, Bulldog's lost a little focus, allowing Eastern to plate an unearned run, but that was it.

WIREMAN was efficient, needing just 70 pitches through first 6 innings (22 in 7th), scattering 4 hits, 2 BBs and 3 Ks. Finishing the SHA/Ballard/Eastern Regional series with 3 Ws, 3 ERs, 3 BBs and 9 Ks from the circle.

This is Male's first trip to State ever, and 1st year Coach, Josh Bloomer, gets a trip back to BBQ-Town with new team after winning it all last year with his former team.

I said back in August when Male's former coach resigned, that whoever got the gig was getting a lot of unheralded talent, and I think the way it turned out has been a big win for everyone involved.

Next up, Scott County. Bulldog's are 2-0 against SC this season which is....meaningless.

Now....are there going to be any other Doomers eating BBQ with me Thursday night or what???

Eastern came and went like Sonny Liston.

The game was decided quickly as the Male Bulldogs Varsity exerted their will early and often with seven runs in the first three innings.

Lead off walk followed by an E1, sac fly by ALEX GINTER, a wild pitch in the first inning and RBI singles by JESSICA WIREMAN and KENNEDY BISHOP during the second inning supplied the early offense for the Male Bulldogs.

For any of you who have been to Ulmer Stadium, you'll appreciate this. Male's senior catcher MANDY JOHNSON crashed a line drive off the video screen ABOVE the scoreboard...220' fence, and 30+ feet up!! That's putting a run on the board!!

Up 9-0 in top of 7th, Bulldog's lost a little focus, allowing Eastern to plate an unearned run, but that was it.

WIREMAN was efficient, needing just 70 pitches through first 6 innings (22 in 7th), scattering 4 hits, 2 BBs and 3 Ks. Finishing the SHA/Ballard/Eastern Regional series with 3 Ws, 3 ERs, 3 BBs and 9 Ks from the circle.

This is Male's first trip to State ever, and 1st year Coach, Josh Bloomer, gets a trip back to BBQ-Town with new team after winning it all last year with his former team.

I said back in August when Male's former coach resigned, that whoever got the gig was getting a lot of unheralded talent, and I think the way it turned out has been a big win for everyone involved.

Next up, Scott County. Bulldog's are 2-0 against SC this season which is....meaningless.

Now....are there going to be any other Doomers eating BBQ with me Thursday night or what???

Congratulations!!! Great season!

Hoping the Smith's will be!! Championship game 5:30 @ NKU!!