Mom Forces Bullying Daughter To Wear Thrift Store Clothes

theguru

HEADLINE: "Mom forces daughter to dress like 24-year-old Wellesley graduate living in Brooklyn"

She won't get to make fun of anyone for their clothes anymore but she's now almost more intolerable with her speeches about underground bands you've never heard of and how she can't understand why everyone doesn't eat farm-to-table locally-produced food and the stories about how her writing career is "going to take off at any minute."

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She talked to her and gave her the chance to understand how bullying can affect people and the daughter didn't seem to care. I bet her daughter listens next time. Love it.

THat is the way I feel as well.

I think it's a good parenting move, however I have my reservations. Typically bullies are the kids with low self-confidence or self-worth, who bully to make themselves feel better about themselves. Subjecting her to potentially being bullied, while a good lesson, could also have a negative impact on her psyche. :idunno:

I think it's a good parenting move, however I have my reservations. Typically bullies are the kids with low self-confidence or self-worth, who bully to make themselves feel better about themselves. Subjecting her to potentially being bullied, while a good lesson, could also have a negative impact on her psyche. :idunno:

I was bullied as a kid because I was fat. I was told by teachers and my parents to suck it up and one teacher even wrote on a report card that I should "stop wearing my heart on my sleeve". That said I am really getting tired of hearing about self-worth especially when applied to a bully and worries about how disciplining a bully may effect them.

Too bad. My thoughts are with the kids whose psyche she may have damaged with her bullying.

I was bullied as a kid because I was fat. I was told by teachers and my parents to suck it up and one teacher even wrote on a report card that I should "stop wearing my heart on my sleeve". That said I am really getting tired of hearing about self-worth especially when applied to a bully and worries about how disciplining a bully may effect them.

Relax, I'm simply presenting some potential negative outcomes from this.

Too bad. My thoughts are with the kids whose psyche she may have damaged with her bullying.

I agree, but in my world, two wrongs don't make a right. Like I said, I think it's a good parenting move, but I can definitely see some negatives coming from it, deserved or not.

I agree, but in my world, two wrongs don't make a right. Like I said, I think it's a good parenting move, but I can definitely see some negatives coming from it, deserved or not.

I agree.

I grew up wearing Goodwill, DAV, Salvation Army....that's what the trade off was for private school. I have continued to buy clothes at such places, and others all my life. I have never had any experience with bed bugs from anything, including furniture, that I've bought.