Mom Forces Bullying Daughter To Wear Thrift Store Clothes

theguru

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good parenting or bad parenting?

Awesome parenting!!! I think it was a great idea and I applaud the parents for doing that. If a child who is bullying because of something like this, making fun of the clothes someone else is wearing and they just don't "get it" then making them wear clothes that they make fun of is pure genius imo.

I support any parent who actively attempts to stomp out bullying in their own child.

You never know what will actually work until you try.

100% agree. At least this mom tried to make it right by talking to the girl and when that wasn't working she had the kahunas to do this. I say bravo. I know many parents that would defend their bullying kid and blame the school, the teacher, the girl being bullied or her parents. All kids make mistakes, but the non-active parents double the mistake by not disciplining or holding their kid responsible for their actions.

When Kaylee got home, Ally sat her down to talk to her. But Kaylee didn’t feel the least bit sorry.

This is the part that I think is concerning. Wearing hand me down clothes might make her stop bullying about the clothes, but I would not be surprised if she finds other things to continue to bully kids about.

Wait....I'm confused.... Are you saying the Mom bullied her daughter?

No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying she's putting her in a position to get bullied by other kids. I can almost guarantee she's not the only student that was bullying others for their clothes. Now she's more likely to get the same treatment from others. Is it deserved? Maybe so, but that doesn't make it right. That's all I'm saying.

Couldn't be more wrong, but that's okay.

No problem just took it the wrong way.

yes she could be bullied as well for wearing the clothes but that might make her see how it felt when she did that to the other girl. It might make her stop doing it.

Couldn't be more wrong, but that's okay.

I stand corrected. Sorry UK. I see where you were going with that now. Typed it before I saw your answer. I have to ponder that one over!!!