Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK turns down 2014 Maui invite

Featured Replies

Per Matt Jones. Says Cal does not like three games in three days format.

  • Author

I hate this.

 

2014 field doesn't appear to be the strongest: Arizona, Purdue, Pittsburgh, BYU, San Diego State, Kansas State, Chaminade, & Missouri (who is taking UK's spot).

I hate this.

 

2014 field doesn't appear to be the strongest: Arizona, Purdue, Pittsburgh, BYU, San Diego State, Kansas State, Chaminade, & Missouri (who is taking UK's spot).

 

That's rude. Should have check with BBN.....we'd like to go to Maui for the week.

Who wants to see beautiful beaches anyway.

 

I say play a game at Rupp and first come first serve on tickets. Allow us poor to sit up close.

Well, considering they will lose 8 or 9 of their top 10 players after this season, I can't really blame him.

Well, considering they will lose 8 or 9 of their top 10 players after this season, I can't really blame him.

 

What does potentially losing players the following year have to do with playing in Maui this coming season with all those guys? I wanted to go to Maui dammit.

What does potentially losing players the following year have to do with playing in Maui this coming season with all those guys? I wanted to go to Maui dammit.

 

The thread says 2014. Maui for this season will be in 2013.

Well, considering they will lose 8 or 9 of their top 10 players after this season, I can't really blame him.

 

If UK loses 9 guys to the draft next year I'll send you the money for a case of beer. More guys will stay than are expected.

Doesn't like the three games in three days format? Really?

I think it is a tough tourney for UK to play in with their current recruiting formula. Playing 3 top teams right out of the chute with a team that has never played together? That's tough. I think it is more about that than 3 days in a row but Cal doesn't want to say that.

Edited by Voice of Reason

Doesn't like the three games in three days format? Really?

 

Is he not allowed to dislike it?

What does potentially losing players the following year have to do with playing in Maui this coming season with all those guys? I wanted to go to Maui dammit.

 

You could probably still go Greg.

Travel a bunch of miles to play in a high school gym in front of a few people in floral Hawaiian shirts. Personally, I would turn it down also. There are other early season tournaments with a bigger "stage" and much nicer "pro-type" venue that would appeal to higher level recruits more than Maui. I think the fellow knows what he is doing.

Is he not allowed to dislike it?

 

Extremely weak excuse if you ask me. Can he not prepare in that short period of time? Trying to preserve his/their record? Wouldn't hurt them to play in that tournament.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.