Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK turns down 2014 Maui invite

Featured Replies

The thread says 2014. Maui for this season will be in 2013.

 

Got it. My mistake, need to pay attention.

You could probably still go Greg.

 

UK being there helps get Mrs. Page on board! I misread the thread anyhow. Reading comprehension skills lacking last night.

Calipari's not a fan of the SEC Tournament's three games in three days format either. At least he is consistent.

Cal doesn't know what is best for his teams. He should play no matter what. :rolleyes:

 

Extremely weak excuse if you ask me. Can he not prepare in that short period of time? Trying to preserve his/their record? Wouldn't hurt them to play in that tournament.

 

Maybe his reasoning isn't the best but the Maui tournament is dumb. Incredibly small gym, rough court, 3 games in 3 days. Just not the best tournament, plus not a lot of quality opponents in it.

Does it not help the team become better?

Does it not help the team become better?

 

So can 3 games closer to home.

I don't buy the "lack of quality opponents." I think there would be even less chance they'd play if the competition was better.

I personally think the Maui Invitational is one of the better events in early-season college basketball. I think the bonding factor alone would be worth the trip. I believe in Cal but I think Kentucky should be in the Maui Invitational every four years.

I personally think the Maui Invitational is one of the better events in early-season college basketball. I think the bonding factor alone would be worth the trip. I believe in Cal but I think Kentucky should be in the Maui Invitational every four years.

 

I am in this line of thinking. There is just something about the Maui Invitational that is cool, even though it has to be a big inconvenience to pack up and head half way around the world a few weeks in to the season.

Does it not help the team become better?

 

I guess. You can probably draw parallels to teams that have participated in the tournament or other 3 games in 3 day events and gone on to great things, but you could probably point out the opposite for some teams. Same for conference tournaments, etc. While I am not fully discrediting its importance, I think some of its benefits can be overblown.

  • Author
I personally think the Maui Invitational is one of the better events in early-season college basketball. I think the bonding factor alone would be worth the trip. I believe in Cal but I think Kentucky should be in the Maui Invitational every four years.

 

This.

We're not sure what will happen for sure....but as of yet...when Cal has a team...they schedule well...and play it......when not.....not so much.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.