Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport 68 Dixie Heights 59

Featured Replies

Final

 

Newport simply has more good players than Dixie and the better team

  • Replies 56
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats to Newport. They have guys that can play with anyone. Can they just do it 3 times in a row? The season says not very often. Not an easy out, though.

  • Author

Newport places 4 in double figures l led by Commodore and Jaq. Short with 18 a piece. Jasean Short is a real nice all around player. He does a lot for them.

Nice win for the Wildcats!

No surprise here. Good win Newport.

Did we just witness Hattons last game at Dixie? Lots of rumors of him going prep school route next year. If it was, I for one have enjoyed watching him the last fours years.

I'm as big a BH fan as there is, and if this was his last game at Dixie, he can go out with his head high. I hope he is back at Dixie next year, but honestly, can't say I'd blame him.

First time seeing Dixie since December. WOW are they baby-faced in a lot of positions. Their best b-ball is certainly ahead of them.

 

They just weren't strong enough, quick enough, or tough enough to handle Newport.

I know it is not totally the same as Kobe and the Lakers but kind of strange to see Hatton not touch the ball in multiple trips down the floor while Dixie fell behind by more and more. Then Hatton kind of took over and got them back within 2 I believe but Newport did a good job holding on.

Has Newport lost any players due to suspension in the last two weeks?[/QUO

 

No one has been suspended at all. The only thing that has happen at Newport is that Number 3 Jaquan Short rolled his ankle really bad vs Beechwood and Missed a few games I.E Bracken Co. I did not see the Parker Kid from Newport in Uniform tonigh. He is another 6'5 Kid. Not sure where he was at tonight.

Congrats to the Wildcats, they did a nice job on "D". I'm still somewhat puzzled by their offense, but they got the job done tonight. Very good job at the "charity stripe", would love to know what they shot.

 

Newport 09-13-21-25 68

Dixie.......16-09-09-25 59

 

Hatton 8pts. at half, 23 for the game. Most coming from the foul line.

Dixie is young, and I believe they will be back. They beat Newport the first time around by 8 or so, so I didn't think it was that easy to "see coming". I thought Snapp did a very nice job of taking what was given to them and the players executed. Commodore was an inside outside threat and that is hard to guard. I felt that the Dixie sophomores were timid and hesitated a lot, and I don't know if that is a team culture thing, or a sophomore thing. Niehaus played pretty well, and Hatton had his usual, but little production from everyone else. Milligan and Hedger, the regular big barely saw the floor in the second half and Dixie was out rebounded all game.

 

Good effort from Snapp and his boys as they were ready to respond after going down 8-10 early. Good experience for Dixie and that young group. If Hatton leaves, it's been a pleasure watching him score the ball at will (most times).

Congrats to the Wildcats, they did a nice job on "D". I'm still somewhat puzzled by their offense, but they got the job done tonight. Very good job at the "charity stripe", would love to know what they shot.

 

Newport 09-13-21-25 68

Dixie.......16-09-09-25 59

 

Hatton 8pts. at half, 23 for the game. Most coming from the foul line.

 

Couldn't agree more on the offense. At times it looked like it was just throw it up and rebound and a stick back. I'm sure there was some method to the madness.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.