Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 65 Covington Catholic 49

Featured Replies

  • Replies 74
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm told that big Lou for Cooper is playing with a cracked/broken rib (don't know if this was mentioned before or not), this probably doesn't help with his sub-par performance.

 

Call Lou sub par if you like, but he did have a basket or two and key rebounds to help seal this game. I was just proud of him for not folding after that monster block that landed him flat on his back.

Big win for Cooper...congrats :thumb:

Not sure where sub-par comes from but Lou has had some key injuries the whole season and I admire him for trying to play through them. When he's fully healthy he has shown he can play with the best of them. For now anything Cooper gets out of him is a bonus. Everyone hopes he's healthy for the stretch run.

Not sure where sub-par comes from but Lou has had some key injuries the whole season and I admire him for trying to play through them. When he's fully healthy he has shown he can play with the best of them. For now anything Cooper gets out of him is a bonus. Everyone hopes he's healthy for the stretch run.

 

The challenge for Lou is that people hear D2 scholly and immediately expect 15 to 20 per night. He's not there yet personally. He got his scholarship because he is an athletic big who plays hard and plays strong D. His offensive game will mature.

 

I, too, give him full props for trying to play through injuries in order to go through the stretch run with his boys. I'll be rooting for him.

Call Lou sub par if you like, but he did have a basket or two and key rebounds to help seal this game. I was just proud of him for not folding after that monster block that landed him flat on his back.

 

I was not slamming the kid with what I said, it's obvious you took my comment the wrong way! :madman: I'm sure that without a cracked/broken rib he would have had a much better game. I'd be willing to bet his injury hampers his ability to go full tilt, thus having a sub-par game. Hell I give the kid "props" for playing as much as he did considering the injury.

 

Sorry if my wording in the previous post confused you.

I was not slamming the kid with what I said, it's obvious you took my comment the wrong way! :madman: I'm sure that without a cracked/broken rib he would have had a much better game. I'd be willing to bet his injury hampers his ability to go full tilt, thus having a sub-par game. Hell I give the kid "props" for playing as much as he did considering the injury.

 

Sorry if my wording in the previous post confused you.

 

No worries. While we all back our favorite teams in good spirit I know everyone never wants a player hurt or not to play up to his ability. No offense taken.

I was not slamming the kid with what I said, it's obvious you took my comment the wrong way! :madman: I'm sure that without a cracked/broken rib he would have had a much better game. I'd be willing to bet his injury hampers his ability to go full tilt, thus having a sub-par game. Hell I give the kid "props" for playing as much as he did considering the injury.

 

Sorry if my wording in the previous post confused you.

I don't think anyone took it as a knock on him. What I have really been blwon away with since the injury in the Conner game was how well the team has stepped up their play with Lou's injury. They knew their leader would miss several games and when he came back to get his feet back under him it would be playing sparingly at best and they have really stepped up their play.

 

Who would of thought they could do what they did against Ryle without their big man and then to coninue that high level of play through their next couple games untill Lou started getting some minutes.

 

I don't know of many teams who can lose one of their big parts and not only continue playing at a high level but playing the best they have all season.

 

Just goes to show that not only is coach Sully really coaching his butt off but the playyers on the team not hanging their heads and believing in themselves that they aare still a very good team and a team that isn't focused and dependent around one player.

 

The last 4 games have been the most fundamentaly sound games I've seen this team play and it's exciting to watch.

Is that the shooting form Dr. Naismith taught you? :lol: Sorry TOG, couldn't resist>

 

TOG would have hit it if he had been shooting at a peach basket.

Cooper impresses again. No shocker. I think I would have been more surprised if the game went the other way and CCH would have beaten Cooper by 10+. They are very solid all the way around and have 2 really good coaches in Burlington.

 

CCH is really good, but I don't know that they have the... Should i say skill sets, or talent/potential, 1-5. They have a really good coach, a real nice backcourt, and solid "bigs". But, with Frederick out, combined with a poor shooting night, forced or not, it's going to be tough to beat Cooper right now.

I don't think anyone took it as a knock on him. What I have really been blwon away with since the injury in the Conner game was how well the team has stepped up their play with Lou's injury. They knew their leader would miss several games and when he came back to get his feet back under him it would be playing sparingly at best and they have really stepped up their play.

 

Who would of thought they could do what they did against Ryle without their big man and then to coninue that high level of play through their next couple games untill Lou started getting some minutes.

 

I don't know of many teams who can lose one of their big parts and not only continue playing at a high level but playing the best they have all season.

 

Just goes to show that not only is coach Sully really coaching his butt off but the playyers on the team not hanging their heads and believing in themselves that they aare still a very good team and a team that isn't focused and dependent around one player.

 

The last 4 games have been the most fundamentaly sound games I've seen this team play and it's exciting to watch.

You would be hard pressed in a contest of 25 words or less... just sayin
You would be hard pressed in a contest of 25 words or less... just sayin

 

Now that's funny.

Cooper is coming alive and playing well at both ends. Big Lou will get his, Coach Sully will have these boys geared up and ready to make a run in the regional tournament.

You would be hard pressed in a contest of 25 words or less... just sayin

 

You are probably right :jump:

 

 

 

ooops, i did it

Had the distance, the height, just a tad off to the right, or I would have been the one laughing......:D

 

Yeah, but if that was a peach basket there is no way you miss.

 

Dang, someone else has a clever sense of humor also. I echoe his sentiments.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.