Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 73 Campbell County 56

Featured Replies

Now that's funny. How's the view from your purple colored glasses??

I got no dog in this fight; kids at both schools and support both schools and I saw it the same way Baller saw it.

 

My view is very good through my Purple and Gold glasses. I am just seperating facts from opinions.

 

Fact - after the whistle blew, McGovney tossed the basketball off of the backboard and caught it.

Opinion - It was excessive enough to warrant a technical foul (although the official did not call it)

  • Replies 63
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a fact when viewed through your green Mustang glasses. You have your opinion, I have mine. Agree to disagree.

 

From where I was sitting - that was not a toss. And watching that backboard shake after it hit it I was also somewhat surprised there was no whistle. It looked like the refs were walking over towards scorer table and had their backs turned as I immediately started looking for the whistle to blow

He tossed the ball off the backboard and caught it. I have never seen a player get a T for that.

 

If it would have been thrown excessively hard and allowed to fly off the backboard uncontrolled, I would see your point.

 

But since came right back to Nate and he caught it. It's not a huge deal and probably no T warranted. Like you said - if he had just turned and walked away without cathching it or had bounced awkwardly into different direction then yes - T him up

I won't comment on the ferocity of the throw by Nate as I wasn't there.

 

I will say that the fact he caught the ball has no bearing on the worthiness of a T.

Anybody remember the great Dragoo technical controversy from a heated '97 or '98 Brossart/Campbell County clash???

 

That one came late in the game for slamming the ball on the floor in frustration and was discussed for years after the Mustangs came from behind to win. That one was called and this one wasn't. The Dragoo T was similar (and even more pronounced) to the first T called this year on Holbrook.

 

What warrants T's for displays of frustration, and what doesn't, is in the eye of the beholder. On our broadcast when Nate fired the ball off of the backboard, I made the comment that since it was early in the game (2nd Q) that the officials acted like they didn't see it because they didn't want an early game T to distract from the playing of such a hotly contested game.

I was in the front row. He deserved a "T" on the ball throwing incident. His second "T" was out of frustration that the Guards from Brossart were being physical with him and they were getting their "Humps" blown off. i spoke with one official and he said that the ball throwing was overlooked because off the intensity of the game and that he felt he was not showing anyone "up". In regards to the game, might have been a different outcome in McGovney is 100%. If he does not get back to at least 90% then they will be the 3rd seed in the district and be eliminated in the 2/3 game. However, great atmosphere and both team play so bad that it hurts. Good luck to both teams!

I agree, the ref's let it go and I have no problem with them doing so to not become part of the game but it was not a "toss" as afi100guy is saying. If I had the game film I would post it . Maybe Mustang could make that happen?

I was in the front row. He deserved a "T" on the ball throwing incident. His second "T" was out of frustration that the Guards from Brossart were being physical with him and they were getting their "Humps" blown off. i spoke with one official and he said that the ball throwing was overlooked because off the intensity of the game and that he felt he was not showing anyone "up". In regards to the game, might have been a different outcome in McGovney is 100%. If he does not get back to at least 90% then they will be the 3rd seed in the district and be eliminated in the 2/3 game. However, great atmosphere and both team play so bad that it hurts. Good luck to both teams!

 

Hence the problem with the officiating of the game. If it would have been a T in any other game then it should have been a T in this game. The officials let this game get away. I am not saying the Holbrook's 2 T's were a good thing because it is never good to do what he did, but I would encourage all of you who have had opinions on this to watch the game on film. He got beat up in this game and very few fouls were called.

Hence the problem with the officiating of the game. If it would have been a T in any other game then it should have been a T in this game. The officials let this game get away. I am not saying the Holbrook's 2 T's were a good thing because it is never good to do what he did, but I would encourage all of you who have had opinions on this to watch the game on film. He got beat up in this game and very few fouls were called.

 

It was both ways. Burns mask was pulled and Trentman was abused also.

As a ref told my stepson once during a game, "Son, basketball is a physical sport. If you don't like it, pick up a tennis racket!"

So it goes back to my original statement the refs let this one get away. You can't have people throwing elbows (if you deny it then you clearly did not watch the same game), grabbing jerseys, etc

 

Just because it was an emotional game does not mean you call the game differently.

As a ref told my stepson once during a game, "Son, basketball is a physical sport. If you don't like it, pick up a tennis racket!"

 

I would LOVE it, if there was a buton for it. :p

I have yet to see a basketball game where there aren't elbows thrown or jerseys grabbed.

I have yet to see a basketball game where there aren't elbows thrown or jerseys grabbed.

 

And they are FOULS which were never called. A foul is a foul. You can't have it called in one game and not in another. It is a bit ridiculous.

Wow, with no dog in the hunt I'm shocked to hear the whinning from the Campbell fans. I sat in the Campbell section and heard the typical reffing from the stands, normal stuff from any fans so I am shocked to see a few Campbell fans thinking the refs homered them? Tough physical game. both teams played hard, McGovney got away with a benefit of the doubt no call. Either side could complain, Holbrook getting beat up? Please. Elbows and jerseys being grabbed? duh, watch a game, it happens all of the time.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.