Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 73 Campbell County 56

Featured Replies

Congrats to the boys in Green. Thought Freshman Wilson played well for the Camels, way to many turnovers for the Camels.

 

Him and the Jackson/Johnson kid played really well. Can't remember his name, he's a sophomore though.

  • Replies 63
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nate McGovney actually had 5. The play immediately following Justin Saunders' 1,000th point, McGovney went down and nailed a "3" the way I remember it. TAC shows Luke Franzen with 7, so I could have mis-identified the shooter.

 

Nate looked tonight like some of the horses I wager on coming off of long layoffs. I'm sure his is frustrated having to wear that somewhat immobilizing knee brace. You can see where the spirit is willing (sees where he wants to go or create) but the flesh is still a bit weak (just doesn't have his explosive first step back yet) from all of the time off.

 

If we see the Camels again in the district tournament I'm sure Nate will be back to much of his former self.

So sorry that we were unable to deliver a live broadcast. Here is the Tape Delay broadcast link:

http://nhsbn.ezstream.com/play/index.cfm?id=361B053038

 

That is the first major problem that we have ever had in the Middle School to my recollection. In order to have a successful broadcast my Wifi needs to provide my laptop with a steady connection to the internet, which is normally no problem, BUT due to the huge crowd and everyone calling or texting, as well as using other tech devises, we started breaking the connection just before halftime of the JV game and it never remedied itself. Therefore I made the painful managment decision to go Tape Delay in order to preserve a broadcast of the game, and the possibility of Justin Saunders scoring his 1,000th point, which he did.

 

I will be back in the Verizon store on Monday to see if we can come up with an alternate solution. If anyone else has a better explanation/suggestion to staying connected to the internet in these large capacity games, I'm all ears.

 

At home (the SyDome) we use a reliable Ethernet connection, and at major venues such as EKU or the Frankfort Convention Center we use their reliable in-house wireless. The in-house wireless at the Middle School is very unreliable.

Wow, what a great game this evening. Packed house and great fans. One of the best atmospheres for a high school game.

Brossart is VERY good. Loaded at every position. After Campbell came out of the gate strong, Brossart controlled the game. Campbell did make a nice run in the 4th to get it back to around 10 but Brossart took the game back over.

Congratulations to Saunders for scoring 1,000 points, hard to do for a Brossart defense first team. Somebody said there was only like 15 kids in the history of the school to do so! He has the complete game. He controlled the game. Very quick and strong. The Trentman kid is amazing. He was all over the court with deflections, blocks and rebounds. The dunk he pulled off at the end of the game was unreal. Played with a lot of passion. Burns played well. Strong as an ox. Has some good moves and still looks like he has room to grow. Guard play is very strong. They ran 3 kids out there that had no fear of any pressure and played in your face defense on the other end of the court. They were the reason for a lot of the Campbell frustration.

McGovney was about what I expected, still in the recovery mode. He is such a great player, his frustration showed a few times tonight. I do like the Wilson frosh, if he gets a little more aggressive he will be a nice player. Holbrook is a great player as well. The intensity of the game got to him too. 2 T's is uncalled for. Russell needs to get control of his players as I heard a JV player got a T as well? I know the rivalry of this game raises everyones temper, but they need to keep their cool.

Campbell is going to be very good over the next couple of years. While losing Nate McGovney, they have a nice corp of underclassmen, including his little brother, that will make some noise in the years to come.

I hope to check these 2 teams out with McGovney at full strength come districts. I'm assuming they are held at the same place?

^^^ You assume correctly

  • Author
Wow, what a great game this evening. Packed house and great fans. One of the best atmospheres for a high school game.

Brossart is VERY good. Loaded at every position. After Campbell came out of the gate strong, Brossart controlled the game. Campbell did make a nice run in the 4th to get it back to around 10 but Brossart took the game back over.

Congratulations to Saunders for scoring 1,000 points, hard to do for a Brossart defense first team. Somebody said there was only like 15 kids in the history of the school to do so! He has the complete game. He controlled the game. Very quick and strong. The Trentman kid is amazing. He was all over the court with deflections, blocks and rebounds. The dunk he pulled off at the end of the game was unreal. Played with a lot of passion. Burns played well. Strong as an ox. Has some good moves and still looks like he has room to grow. Guard play is very strong. They ran 3 kids out there that had no fear of any pressure and played in your face defense on the other end of the court. They were the reason for a lot of the Campbell frustration.

McGovney was about what I expected, still in the recovery mode. He is such a great player, his frustration showed a few times tonight. I do like the Wilson frosh, if he gets a little more aggressive he will be a nice player. Holbrook is a great player as well. The intensity of the game got to him too. 2 T's is uncalled for. Russell needs to get control of his players as I heard a JV player got a T as well? I know the rivalry of this game raises everyones temper, but they need to keep their cool.

Campbell is going to be very good over the next couple of years. While losing Nate McGovney, they have a nice corp of underclassmen, including his little brother, that will make some noise in the years to come.

I hope to check these 2 teams out with McGovney at full strength come districts. I'm assuming they are held at the same place?

 

These are things that impress me about a player. Love how this BB team plays great team ball. They know their role and play it very well.

I agree with you totally Omega Man! You have to be disiplined and not lose your cool when playing your big rival teams and as long as I can remember they've always had the problem of being a disiplined team. Brossart stepped on the court with a game plan knowing what they had to do and they didnt get into the head games that Campbell Co did. When you start playing and thinking like that then your not gonna have alot of success against good teams.... And it showed! Talent can take you far but to be able to play as a team and be a disiplined team and have talent will take you alot further!

Love seeing this score. Congrats to Justin. 1,000 at Brossart is an amazing feat. Congrats for McGovney, happy just to hear he was in a uni last night. He will be a completely different player by year's end. Good luck to both teams going forward. Hope to see a rematch in the districts. Pretty upset I missed out on this one!

 

Love the Jake Jennings shout out! Great kid, great family and the kid hustles like he was coached up by a couple of the best (Mitch Orth/Coach Code).

Link to the Alex Trentman dunk:

 

  • Author
Link to the Alex Trentman dunk:

 

 

WOW!!!! and between 3 defensive players too.

I love watching Trentman play. He can do it all!

I used to make that very same move on almost a nightly basis. Of course, there was no defense. And also, it was in my bedroom on a Nerf goal.

 

Thanks for posting that Mustang! :thumb: Outstanding!

Holbrook is a great player as well. The intensity of the game got to him too. 2 T's is uncalled for.

 

I wasn't aware that there was an ejection. 2 Ts is rare for a player.

 

If memory serves me correctly he picked up a T at the CCH game this season.

Correction. The T was on Blake Losey at CCH, and that was an iffy call. The game on Saturday was very emotion filled. After watching the game, I thought there were a lot of missed calls. Holbrook was beat up all night including getting hit in the face on a few occasions. The game was allowed to get too physical.

 

I wasn't aware that there was an ejection. 2 Ts is rare for a player.

 

If memory serves me correctly he picked up a T at the CCH game this season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.