Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

High School Weight Rooms

Featured Replies

I am posting this in football because so many teams are back at work in the weight room getting ready for next season. I was at the SK vs NewCath girls frosh game tonight and did a little walking around. It has been several years since I have been up on the Hill and wow the school looks amazing and the addition is mind blowing. I opened a door and walked into the weight room and my jaw dropped. In my day a long time ago we had a weight room about as big as my living room. The new one is huge with two floors!! Multiple machines of every type with the NewCath logo painted everywhere. It has to be one of the very best weight rooms around. I think some small colleges would be jealous. I was going to take pics to post but some kids were working out so I didnt. Maybe someone on the Hill more than me like Lawnboy could take some from upstairs and down and post a bunch to show everyone. I hope the kids know how great they got it these days!!! What does your schools weight room look like??

  • Replies 64
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unless highlands has upgraded lately, their weight room is pathetic.

Unless highlands has upgraded lately, their weight room is pathetic.

 

It is pathetic! But I would bet their weight lifting and conditioning program is second to none. I think there is some talk to upgrade. But they get great results from what they have.

It is pathetic! But I would bet their weight lifting and conditioning program is second to none. I think there is some talk to upgrade. But they get great results from what they have.

 

No argument from me.

Beechwood had a weight room worse than Highlands' till they built the new field house. Now their new weight room is so state of the art it is used frequently by Cincinnati Bengals players in the off season. During the lock out a couple years ago, there were a lot of Bengals players working out there. Any school that has upgraded facilities in the past few years probably has a very nice weight room. All the Kenton County schools, CovCath, Beechwood, NewCath, Campbell County, Cooper ...I would guess all of them have really nice weight rooms.

A lot of schools now have very nice facilities,

but the same folks running the training.

 

A school such as Highlands does excellent things with a lesser facility because the programming is good and the kids buy into it,

while others schools may have outstanding facilities, but lack the programming knowledge, teach technique poorly, or do not sell the kids on the value of training.

I actually saw Highlands weight room five years ago and wasn't very impressed.

 

Unimpressive weight room = 22 State Championships! Something is going right.

  • Author
Scott's new training facility is pretty top notch.

 

All of Scotts facilities are very very nice!

Does anyone have pics of these weight rooms?

Unimpressive weight room = 22 State Championships! Something is going right.

 

I have to agree tdyballgame ! I would venture to say that the workouts in Highlands "pathetic" weight room compare to no other team around. Those 22 State championships speak for themselves.

  • Author
Does anyone have pics of these weight rooms?

 

 

 

That is what i was looking for when i started this thread

Unless highlands has upgraded lately, their weight room is pathetic.

 

Rocky Balboa comes to mind when I think of Highlands facilities...

 

Adrian, Adrian!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.