Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 73 Silver Grove 7

Featured Replies

I agree with alot of the opinions on here but yes it is a district game. The varisty girls didnt see much of the floor. The points Futscher had where just clean up garbage points. Brossart wasnt pressing or nothing like, but on the other hand you cant tell the girls to quit or not shoot. I also agree this is one I wouldve passed on putting the details on here. I wouldve kept it simple by stating.... "Brossart beats Silver Grove without the details. Alot of the points where scored by the JV players. Im sure every team who plays them will go through the same process and its a no win situation for everyone.

 

I completely agree with Clyde...absolutely no issues with how Brossart's coaches and kids handled the game. It's a no-win for both sides. I'm sure those young kids from SG are just happy to be able to say they have a program and they play varsity!

  • Replies 61
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree with Clyde...absolutely no issues with how Brossart's coaches and kids handled the game. It's a no-win for both sides. I'm sure those young kids from SG are just happy to be able to say they have a program and they play varsity!

 

In my opinion being on varsity isn't as big a deal as it use to be for kids. Now with everyone playing year round most kids just want to get to play. It wouldn't matter to them if it was JV, Freshman, or Varsity. Of course if your program is real successful that changes things a little bit, but for a school like Silver Grove where they are not going to win a Regional Championship, i honestly believe most kids could care less if it is a JV or Varsity game as long as they got to play and be with their friends.

16 kids for Brossart played and 13 scored. I think at least 3 frosh scored. Only one starter had double figures and that was 10. That to me is pretty much playing your JV and frosh.

Not like starters posting 35 and 17 in a blowout against Silver Grove boys team.

 

Not the same at all. I said play the Freshman team, not Freshman on the Varsity team. That's a HUGE difference. Saying they played their Frosh and JV players that are on the Varsity team isn't really calling off the dogs now is it. I'm saying send the Freshman team next time, only the Freshman team. I know this idea will blow the minds of many on here, but why not? BBHS could then say they did everything they could in a game they had no choice but to play in.

In my opinion being on varsity isn't as big a deal as it use to be for kids. Now with everyone playing year round most kids just want to get to play. It wouldn't matter to them if it was JV, Freshman, or Varsity. Of course if your program is real successful that changes things a little bit, but for a school like Silver Grove where they are not going to win a Regional Championship, i honestly believe most kids could care less if it is a JV or Varsity game as long as they got to play and be with their friends.

 

I was just kinda joking, but it is fun for 6th 7th and 8th graders to say they play varsity, whether they are competitive or not. Kids that age are just "happy to be there" when they are playing up. I don't think any of those kids are playing AAU or even know what competitive bball is really about. Heck, they probably only have 50-60 girls in their entire school.

Not the same at all. I said play the Freshman team, not Freshman on the Varsity team. That's a HUGE difference. Saying they played their Frosh and JV players that are on the Varsity team isn't really calling off the dogs now is it. I'm saying send the Freshman team next time, only the Freshman team. I know this idea will blow the minds of many on here, but why not? BBHS could then say they did everything they could in a game they had no choice but to play in.

Why not send a frosh team to play Silver Grove? I guess you're assuming they will always put a sub standard team on the court that could never compete with the likes of a huge all A school such as Brossart? Do you take the chance and potentially lose a district seeding game because Silver Grove has a Chrisy Greis or on the boys side a Cory Pelle on a given year? You play the game, because you have to. You treat a team with respect and do exactly what coach Feldman did. You play to win and try to sub as liberally as possible if the game is out of reach. If you are Silver Grove you take your lumps, schedule your non district games against like opponents and continue to work to improve. It's a varsity sport, if you want your trophy for competing, sign up for a micro soccer team.

I agree TAC just like the Boys going down to Augusta, you see what can happen. But if you post it like the BGH does people get mad. Brossart fans would not like people talking all day long about there Football team,maybe they can beat Augusta.

Again as has been stated many times on here, the problem is not with how Brossart handled the game. The issue has to do with the demeaning comments made in describing the game results by you know who. I am not interested in hearing who the high scorers in this game were or that Brossart held an opponent to 0 points in the first half. Honestly could have done without a score being posted at all. Nothing good can come of that for the kids and fans of both teams IMO.

You all need to consider the source when these types of threads are created.

Edited by Randy Parker
Rule 5

I don't think that's it at all. I think the BGPer's have an issue about the gloating in an article. Is that really necessary or way over the top? My wife is a Brossart grad and when I read that to her, she was embarrassed. It's consistent with that poster. No credit at all to the other school...how about "the 6th, 7th and 8th graders we were playing against really gave great effort" or something. I agree that there couldn't have been too many highlights from SG, but c'mon. It always that way. If you're going to do a write up, don't be so bias. If you say it's for the kids, then make it for the kids. Kinda funny that we all see this poster "gloating" in the softball and bball forums, but never see him in the football forum! I have to think that even though they didn't have a good football season, some of the kids must have had some decent individual games that could have been reported on. If you are going to post for your school, post the good and the bad. And give a little credit to your competitors too.

 

I have a lot of good ties to Brossart. I think they are a GREAT story for how a little school can be successful in a lot of sports! I've coached some of the kids in AAU and continue to root for them...even when my daugher is playing them! My wife and her entire family are alums! But this poster kinda has the UK#1 effect on Brossart...if you football posters know what I mean!

 

This.

You all need to consider the source when these types of threads are created.

 

I think we do consider the source and I think thats even more reason why it doesn't sit well with us.

Edited by Randy Parker
Rule 5

Looking forward to tonight's report from the Highlands/Brossart game at the Fort. We will all know who won by seeing who posted the game thread because our boy is in "witness protection" after losses.

Bet no one ever imagined a Brossart/Silver Grove girls thread would EVER get close to 1000 views.

A big shout out to the Big Trains for coming out and playing even at a 49-0 deficit. Something to be said about players who have the heart and determination to go out day after day and compete with little to no hope of a victory over the majority of the teams they play. Character building for the future.

A big shout out to the Big Trains for coming out and playing even at a 49-0 deficit. Something to be said about players who have the heart and determination to go out day after day and compete with little to no hope of a victory over the majority of the teams they play. Character building for the future.

 

Wish I could "love" this post. Credit where credit is due! Takes a lot of heart to do what they do!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.