Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 73 Silver Grove 7

Featured Replies

How many beatings like that will be dished out before Silver Grove, Calvary, and Scott vote for a blind draw for the District Tournament and screw Brossart and Campbell like Newport, Dayton, and Bellevue have done to Highlands and NCC.

 

"Screw" Highlands and NCC? Oh yeah forgot about their DIVINE RIGHT to be in the Regional. Geesh, get a clue.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Screw" Highlands and NCC? Oh yeah forgot about their DIVINE RIGHT to be in the Regional. Geesh, get a clue.

 

Wow. Sound kinda angry there Papa Bear. It's not their "divine right" but I sure would like to see the best teams make it to the regional tournament. By your way of thinking we should just randomly select 16 teams to play down state and crown our state champion out of those.

"Screw" Highlands and NCC? Oh yeah forgot about their DIVINE RIGHT to be in the Regional. Geesh, get a clue.

 

I think it is the time of the year for all bears to be in "hibernation"!

Wow. Sound kinda angry there Papa Bear. It's not their "divine right" but I sure would like to see the best teams make it to the regional tournament. By your way of thinking we should just randomly select 16 teams to play down state and crown our state champion out of those.

 

You have absolutely no idea whatsoever what I think. I've never intimated anything of the kind in any way shape or form. Pretty much tells me about how you assess things. You have nothing whatsoever to base this statement on. Because I don't believe any of those three schools "screw" anybody out of anything doesn't mean I'm for or against seeding or anything else forthat matter. Nobody is getting "screwed" if they all have the same chance and if you can't beat the other guy, why do you belong ahead of the other teams that lose? And for the record, I have, do and will support seeding. Surprise!! Smart guy. I strongly suggest you maybe know something before you shoot your mouth off.

 

Oh, and by the way, the Sweet Sixteen IS a random draw of 16 teams remember?

I think it is the time of the year for all bears to be in "hibernation"!

 

Witty. I owned a Lawnboy once. Wasn't worth a dime then either.

Witty. I owned a Lawnboy once. Wasn't worth a dime then either.

 

:popcorn:

Oh! BURN! And that is why you don't feed the bears. LOL Welcome to BGP.

Witty. I owned a Lawnboy once. Wasn't worth a dime then either.

 

"touché"

:popcorn:

 

Don't make me come to your garden!!!:lol:

Again as has been stated many times on here, the problem is not with how Brossart handled the game. The issue has to do with the demeaning comments made in describing the game results by you know who. I am not interested in hearing who the high scorers in this game were or that Brossart held an opponent to 0 points in the first half. Honestly could have done without a score being posted at all. Nothing good can come of that for the kids and fans of both teams IMO.

 

Interesting. What most people on here seem to be saying is "I'm fine with the way BBHS administered the beating, just don't brag about it". Shouldn't the focus be on stopping the beating in the first place? Reporting or not reporting the score should not be the issue.

"touché"

 

Thanks for taking that all in fun. Loved the banter.

 

However, to the subject. This is why so many of our youth have lost the art of sportsmanship. Yes, you play hard against everyone. You let the next level players play hard. When you're a down program, you take your beatings and try to learn from them as best you can, but as so many of you have suggested here, win the game, do your best, but don't be a boastful winner. Have some class. I know the Brossart coaches and they do things with class. SOME within the fan base (of many schools not just this one) need to take a lesson from their kids and their coaches.

Thanks for taking that all in fun. Loved the banter.

 

However, to the subject. This is why so many of our youth have lost the art of sportsmanship. Yes, you play hard against everyone. You let the next level players play hard. When you're a down program, you take your beatings and try to learn from them as best you can, but as so many of you have suggested here, win the game, do your best, but don't be a boastful winner. Have some class. I know the Brossart coaches and they do things with class. SOME within the fan base (of many schools not just this one) need to take a lesson from their kids and their coaches.

 

 

 

Your correct, every school has fans that go to far.

 

Most of us on here would have less of a problem with the game report if it was from the fan base.

Thanks for taking that all in fun. Loved the banter.

 

However, to the subject. This is why so many of our youth have lost the art of sportsmanship. Yes, you play hard against everyone. You let the next level players play hard. When you're a down program, you take your beatings and try to learn from them as best you can, but as so many of you have suggested here, win the game, do your best, but don't be a boastful winner. Have some class. I know the Brossart coaches and they do things with class. SOME within the fan base (of many schools not just this one) need to take a lesson from their kids and their coaches.

 

Not sure if they are a down program or just one with boundries determined by the Department of Education. Catholic High School don't have boundries and drawn from multiple cities, counties and even states. Just saying, should be admired for working with what you have and not what you imported...........Go public schools who insist on legal residency to play.

Not sure if they are a down program or just one with boundries determined by the Department of Education. Catholic High School don't have boundries and drawn from multiple cities, counties and even states. Just saying, should be admired for working with what you have and not what you imported...........Go public schools who insist on legal residency to play.

 

I don't really see this as a public/private debate. SG is an incredibly small school and village with a tiny enrollment. For some reason they insist on having their own independent school system and district, which is not working. Silver grove is currently ranked 173 out of 174 school districts in the state according to test scores. With no resources, tax base, or enrollment to speak of, I hope stubborn local pride isn't standing in the way of getting the students a better education. Grades 9-12 could easily be absorbed into Campbell County (ranked 25th in state)

 

Source - Kentucky Department of Education

Search the latest test scores for Kentucky school districts | Education | Kentucky.com

Interesting. What most people on here seem to be saying is "I'm fine with the way BBHS administered the beating, just don't brag about it". Shouldn't the focus be on stopping the beating in the first place? Reporting or not reporting the score should not be the issue.

 

BlueKrush, I could not agree more. While being new to BGP I would think that the final score could have been avoided. If I am not mistaken at the 35 point difference mark it becomes a running clock, so with that in mind I would think that enought cuts out of the offense could be ran to keep the score from being such a wide difference. Aren't scores such as this the reason the running clock was put into effect?

 

As for the initial post of the game score of this game, I would also agree that whomever the person was that made the post could have approached this in a different manner.:idunno:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.