Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who Is The Most Accomplished

Featured Replies

Are we counting Darius Miller?? .he would be within the window.

 

If so, argument's over.

 

That is the same thing I thought when reading the thread title

 

Game, Set Match. You may now close this thread lol

I say no. Makes it too easy. Let's just say last 4 graduating classes. :D

 

I agree. Current college students only. Makes for a much better debate.

I agree. Current college students only. Makes for a much better debate.

 

Current, or could be current? Mack would be a Senior at Butler if he were still in school.

Hasn't accomplished anything yet, but I'd like to thank Georgetown for not having any playing time for Lex Cath's Vee Sanford. He's averaging 13 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists and a steal through five games for my Dayton Flyers.

I was wondering how Vee Sanford was doing. Thanks, Getslow.

I expect Snider and Russell to be more accomplished than most when they step foot on their respective campuses.

There are a ton of guys still playing that are having good careers at D2 and D3 as well getting their education paid for or greatly assisted at the D3 level. And, some of the D2's are better than a lot of D1's.

Ricardo Johnson has been a defensive specialist at Ohio. They have had scorers. He never was a great shooter, but always was very athletic. He has had back issues the last couple of years, don't know how that has afffected him. He created shots going to the hoop in high school, not as easily done with his size in the MAC. Regardless, he'll get a degree and be fine. Outstanding young man. Pittman has grown and seems to have matured. He still has tremendous athletic abilty, great shooting range, and will be impactful for the 'herd. His head coach said he's the most talented player he has recruited besides Blake Griffin when he was asst at OSU. He also said he hasn't accomplished anything yet, but expects him to.

I enjoyed following Ricardo in the 9th Region but would agree that his accomplishments in college have been (to be generous) somewhat modest.

 

From the Darius Miller era, Shelvin Mack would at least deserve an honorable mention.

 

I think Mack would be runner-up to Miller, but you could easily put him in front of Miller. Mack may not have won the big one, but went to the NC back-to-back years as the starting PG for Butler. But, if we are counting last four years it's Behanan.

 

 

Mack played in two final fours at Butler. He gets my vote. If you include high school the my vote goes to Miller,

I saw last night that Hickey is averaging 10 points, 6 assists and 4 steals for LSU. Starting point guard as a sophomore.

There are a ton of guys still playing that are having good careers at D2 and D3 as well getting their education paid for or greatly assisted at the D3 level. And, some of the D2's are better than a lot of D1's.

 

Off the top of my head and I am rather Northern Kentucky centric so I am sure I will miss some players but at the D2 level right now:

 

Mikey Gabbard (Boone Co), Casey Sorrell (Simon Kenton) and Corey Sorrell (Holy Cross) at Erskine

Jake Thelen (Covington Catholic) & Vance Hall (Franklin Co) Bellarmine

DeMarko Foster (Newport) University of Tampa

Daniel O'Conner (Scott HS) Tusculum

Scott Schuette (Lexington Catholic) Rollins College

Bobby Stauffer (Ryle)Ohio Dominican

Kellen Smith (Scott HS) Saginaw Valley State

 

Most if not all of these players are starting and/or playing significant minutes at this level.

 

Bellarmine has more players with Kentucky connections but I will let someone with a little more knowledge of that area add their names. I know I probably missed some kids but good start for players having D2 success

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.