Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic at Somerset Predictions

Who Wins????? 83 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?????

    • Somerset
      27%
    • Newport Central Catholic
      72%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The Breds travel to the "briar patch". Do the Breds spoil the home field advantage of the Jumpers or does Somerset punch their ticket to Bowling Green? What say you????

  • Replies 82
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know a thing about the Briars. Are they on I High? If they beat NewCath then they are going to win the state title, as NewCath is peaking and has "that look" of a team set to do something special.

These teams have become playoff rivals lately. When we played NCC early I thought they had the talent for a championship run and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they found themselves in Bowling Green. I see they scored a few more ST TDs tonight, they have a bunch of those.

I agree the winner here likely takes state. If it were at NCC, I'd give them a big advantage, but, with it being at Somerset, I think they'll keep it close, but, in the end, I like NCC to pull it out. They seem to be peaking right now.

This should be one hell of a game and have trouble with picking who. IMO, whoever wins likely wins it all.

Maybe a Somerset fan can fill in us NKY people on places to eat and a little about the facilities. I personally will not be able to make the trip but woke this morning with messages from 2a different family members asking me for information.

Somerset will win by 2 scores. I have seen both play and NCC isn't playing at the same level.

Somerset will win by 2 scores. I have seen both play and NCC isn't playing at the same level.

 

Which NewCath team did you see?

Somerset will win by 2 scores. I have seen both play and NCC isn't playing at the same level.

 

Solid first post. How about expanding to include which NCC games you've seen and why you think they're on different levels.

Which NewCath team did you see?

 

I would have to respectfully disagree with you on this. I don't New Cath losing by 2 tds with the way they are playing.

I would have to respectfully disagree with you on this. I don't New Cath losing by 2 tds with the way they are playing.

 

LOL, I think you quoted the wrong post.

Somerset will win by 2 scores. I have seen both play and NCC isn't playing at the same level.

 

I would have to respectfully disagree with you. The way New Cath is playing I don't see them losing by 2 tds. Imo

  • Author

Aug 17, 12 Dixie Heights-----------------away 37-22 (W)

Aug 25, 12 Archbishop McNicholas, OH---away 24-27 (L)

Aug 31, 12 Campbell County-------------away 16-42 (L)

Sep 15, 12 Simon Kenton----------------home 20-28 (L)

Sep 21, 12 Bishop Brossart--------------away 58-0 (W)

Sep 28, 12 Holmes----------------------away 7-12 (L)

Oct 06, 12 Lloyd Memorial---------------home 63-22 (W)

Oct 12, 12 Newport---------------------away 49-0 (W)

Oct 18, 12 Holy Cross (Covington)-------away 49-10 (W)

Oct 26, 12 Beechwood -----------------home 34-14 (W)

Nov 02, 12 Gallatin County--------------home 49-13 (W)

Nov 10, 12 Holy Cross (Covington)-------home 52-0 (W)

Nov 16, 12 Walton-Verona--------------home 49-14 (W)

 

During the Breds current 7 game win streak, NewCath is on a roll. Outscoring their opponents 345-73 with 5 running clocks. The 1st team defense has given up a total of 26 pts. Lloyd 52 yd pass & 36 yd FG, 28 yd FG to Holy Cross, BW TD after a fumbled fair catch on the NewCath 18, & WV 27 yd int return......THAT'S IT!!!

 

I was extremely critical of the Breds offense and defense early on, but they were "the walking wounded" at the time. However, Coach Eviston and his staff knew in due time that they would have all the pieces in place when it came time for the playoffs and it is certainly showing. Now with everyone back (except starting Sr. RB/DB Mason Myers, broken ankle BW game) the Breds are clicking on all cylinders and have their sights set on the 2A title. They cannot overlook Somerset, the Briar Jumpers are also on a 7 game win streak of their own, but if the Breds play like they have the last 7 games they should be in Bowling Green the following week. Only time will tell.

 

http://www.kypost.com/dpp/sports/four-early-tds-lift-ncc-over-walton

Edited by Lawnboy13

NCC 37 Somerset 14

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.