Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ray Kasongo Ruled Ineligible

Featured Replies

‎2014 PF prospect Ray Kasongo has been ruled ineligible after transferring to Pikeville (KY) HS from East Ridge (KY) HS per Scott Anderson of Nation of Blue.

No surprise there.

No surprise there.

 

Nor I. Rumor was that McCoy was going "to do whatever it takes" so Kasongo wouldn't be eligible at Pikeville.

  • Author
Nor I. Rumor was that McCoy was going "to do whatever it takes" so Kasongo wouldn't be eligible at Pikeville.

 

 

I also heard that rumor

Scott was in the car with me when he found out. I can confirm that the source is a good one. They are going to appeal.

Clearly the investigation likely wasn't initiated by the KHSAA.

  • Author

Didn't McCoy say he was gonna do everything in his power to keep Ray from playing anywhere here in Kentucky?

Didn't McCoy say he was gonna do everything in his power to keep Ray from playing anywhere here in Kentucky?

 

Publicly?

  • Author
Publicly?

 

I don't know if it was public but best I can remember someone said that McCoy had made the statement that he was gonna do everything in his power to keep Ray from playing

Well, to be honest, without hearing that one first hand and him not saying it publicly it's nothing more than hearsay. Behind closed doors possibly, but without more info than that, I'm not sure we want to harangue a coach without better info.

Saw on Twitter he has been ruled eligible. I don't know the circumstances, but it seems like it's time to just rule everyody eligible and remove any transfer rules.

Saw on Twitter he has been ruled eligible. I don't know the circumstances, but it seems like it's time to just rule everyody eligible and remove any transfer rules.

 

I agree, seems most every time, if not all the time, the student is determined to be eligible to play at whatever school they transferred to. So it just seems to waste a lot of peoples time and money to work through the appeals process, including KHSAA's time. But then, if they did away with the transfer rules, that would be one less thing we would have to discuss on BGP!

Kasongo is stuck in Detroit as of yesterday but is supposed to be playing for Pikeville tonight in the PikevilleInvitational. If he can get down here he will play according to the the locals. Kid is huge, saw him in their team photo. Rest of their team looks like a bunch of young kids but he is clearly a MAN.

If he hasn't improved over last year, he's a non-factor. Lazy. Doesn't rebound. Looks to dunk every time down the floor. Shane Hall made him look like a little leaguer in the regional final last year. Hope only the best for the kid but he needs a coach who can make him play to his potential.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.