Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

OK, are you arguing that Boyle County should, or should not, be ranked above LexCath? I thought you were being sarcastic about going to the 4A thread and arguing that Boyle should be ranked above LexCath.

 

I am being sarcastic. Boyle is ranked fine IMO. I just think the Cooper people are basically making the same argument a Boyle fan could make. I'm just not buying it is what I am really saying.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would put Warren Central at 2; anyone who wants to argue with me go look at the 4A poll and tell me why Warren East isn't top 10? If you say strength of schedule, and you are supporting JH at #2 in 5A, you need to go get checked out. Central, right now, is a better team than JH.

I am being sarcastic. Boyle is ranked fine IMO. I just think the Cooper people are basically making the same argument a Boyle fan could make. I'm just not buying it is what I am really saying.

Ok, that is what I thought you meant. I was just drawing a parallel point to the fact that even thought the heat-to-head match up may go one way, as the season goes on, things can change. For instance, I could see Boyle County ranked above LexCath due to the fact that LexCath is now without their QB. Just like I, personally, think that Cooper should be ranked above Conner even though Conner won the head-to-hear match up.

Conner proved without question they were/are the better team. Not even close. If not for a couple Conner turnovers, the score would have been much worse. This game proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that Conner is far superior to Cooper when they are at or near full strength. Btw, it's the only game all season when Conner has had their entire lineup intact (still, McKeehan was out). Take Collins out of Coopers lineup and see what would happen.

 

Conner is scary good when they are full strength. Just hasn't happened all year with the exception of the Cooper game.

 

Just trying to make sure I know all the excuses. Conner was better that night!! I could say IF Cooper didn't turn the ball over as well, IF they made the 4th and 2, IF they didn't retreat and let Fogle convert 4th and 2 on the fake punt, IF Morgan doesn't drop the pass in the red zone before half, IF Cooper didn't have their ONLY bad tackling game of the year, THEN Cooper would have won easily. IF Cooper didn't have their one bad game of the year THEN there would be no discussion.

 

RE, just messing with you as I really don't lose sleep over mid season polls but if you read your posts all year they are full of excuses for every game. It really "feels" like Conner has lost 4-5 games if you look at the story lines of each game and how close they were to losing to bad teams this year along with the Dixie and SO losses.

 

Congrats to your son and Conner for pulling them out in the end but without all the late game heroics you would have 3 more losses but to the kids credit, they pulled them out which builds character. Good luck the rest of the season unless you play our Jag's. No more replies from me as it really isn't an issue.

If, If If,,,,,,,,,,,, If the queen had stones she be the king

This thread is great comic relief for me. Love it!

Why don't everyone in Boone Co that is in 5A give it a rest! It will settle itself in a few weeks. Final end of season rankings is the only one that matters. Both teams are very good. End of story.

You can have number 2 Big Jack. Big deal. Number 2 is first loser.

No joke. Whoever is the #1 on the list is all that matters. Great response to the ranking thread.

I agree QP but this thread ain't over until Hellbird sings his song......

I feel like I have to point this out at least once a year, but this is a site to generate discussions and debate. Rankings provides great fodder to accomplish just that. If you don't want to discuss them or if you're not interested in them, then why bother with the thread at all? Is it just so you can say "Look at me, I don't care?" and feel like you're somehow above everyone else?

 

If don't want to talk about the ranks, let me refer you here then since it's all you really care about: Scoreboard

You can have number 2 Big Jack. Big deal. Number 2 is first loser.

 

Thank you, tell BGP to fix their rankings since JH doesn't want the #2 ranking they don't deserve anyway.

No joke. Whoever is the #1 on the list is all that matters. Great response to the ranking thread.

 

This comment has contributed so much to this thread, rack it up as #1 post in this thread. That way it can be worth something.

I would put Warren Central at 2; anyone who wants to argue with me go look at the 4A poll and tell me why Warren East isn't top 10? If you say strength of schedule, and you are supporting JH at #2 in 5A, you need to go get checked out. Central, right now, is a better team than JH.

Do you think Warren Centrals schedule is tougher than John Hardins?

Do you think Warren Centrals schedule is tougher than John Hardins?

 

Yes, without a doubt. Do you not? If so why not? Central may be a 5A school, but I doubt they have 60+ players on their team. They will be a 4A school next realignment.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.