Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

Do you think Warren Centrals schedule is tougher than John Hardins?

 

BTW, I've already had this discussion with you. Go read the JH v. Jtown thread. You know, or at least SHOULD know, where I stand.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think beating a mediocre 6A school and playing way down against a 1A school makes your schedule better than ours? Let me remind you. We both have one common opponent. We did beat them by a larger margin. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder about John. What gives?

When the bodies of work are similar like these two then head to head has to rule at the end of the day.

How are they similar? Especially if Cooper beats Dixie Friday who Conner lost to? Conner lost to South Oldham, Cooper beat South Oldham. Conner barely beat Scott, last 2 minutes of the game, Cooper handled Scott pretty easy. Conner barely beat Ryle, Cooper manhanlded Ryle. So where exactley do you get their body of works are similar?

Conner proved without question they were/are the better team. Not even close. If not for a couple Conner turnovers, the score would have been much worse. This game proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that Conner is far superior to Cooper when they are at or near full strength. Btw, it's the only game all season when Conner has had their entire lineup intact (still, McKeehan was out). Take Collins out of Coopers lineup and see what would happen.

 

Conner is scary good when they are full strength. Just hasn't happened all year with the exception of the Cooper game.

Really? Couldn't the same be said of Cooper in that game? several costly turnovers Cooper had.

 

it's funny how you seem to always have an excuse. RRemember last year? Cooper soundly beat Conner yett you had excuses and continued to claim Conner wass better even though cooper went undefeated in District.

 

One thing is for sure, no matter what happens in any given year, you will never admit that Cooper was better period.

 

If you all beat s. Oldham and Dixie, i'd be the first to say Conner is the better team, but I look at the facts and the common opponents and see how each team faired against them.

So you think beating a mediocre 6A school and playing way down against a 1A school makes your schedule better than ours? Let me remind you. We both have one common opponent. We did beat them by a larger margin. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder about John. What gives?

 

You're splitting hairs at 4 points. My beef is with BGP not giving an undefeated Warren East team top 10 consideration in the 4A poll, but ranking JH at #2 in the 5A poll. JH schedule is not the toughest, and neither is Warren East's, yet JH is getting all the love any Warren East is getting zero, absolutely zero. So yeah, I do have a chip on my shoulder, but it's not against JH. I'm merely using JH as an example to prove my point over in the 4A thread. JH has had an excellent program since the school opened, yes they may tend to play a weaker schedule during the year, but it hasn't shown to really affect them during the playoffs. Good luck to the Bulldogs. Hopefully they can put out BG if Warren Central can't.

Really? Couldn't the same be said of Cooper in that game? several costly turnovers Cooper had.

 

it's funny how you seem to always have an excuse. RRemember last year? Cooper soundly beat Conner yett you had excuses and continued to claim Conner wass better even though cooper went undefeated in District.

 

One thing is for sure, no matter what happens in any given year, you will never admit that Cooper was better period.

 

If you all beat s. Oldham and Dixie, i'd be the first to say Conner is the better team, but I look at the facts and the common opponents and see how each team faired against them.

 

You sound bitter HB. It will be ok. Conner went further last year and won head to head this year in a dominating fashion. Fact.

My beef is with BGP not giving an undefeated Warren East team top 10 consideration in the 4A poll, but ranking JH at #2 in the 5A poll. JH schedule is not the toughest, and neither is Warren East's, yet JH is getting all the love any Warren East is getting zero, absolutely zero.

Warren East is getting attention and love. Warren East has been at number 11 in the BGP rankings for several weeks. One of the top 11 teams in the state is getting love.

 

And, being undefeated does not guarantee a top 10 placement, in my humble opinion, that is what makes the BGP Rankings better, the AP and many of the other polls basically rank teams on their record, not in comparison to other teams. The BGP Rankings are put together by people that do watch the teams play, compare strength of schedule, and follow the class as a whole.

 

Warren East is a good team, in a good class with many good teams. Only 10 can be in the top 10. But, you are off by saying they are not getting any love, because they have received discussion and consideration. They are the 11th best team in their class.

I find it contradictory that JH is undefeated with a not so tough schedule, yet is ranked #2. And Warren East is undefeated, with a not so tough schedule, and is ranked #11. I'm not angry, or have any personal vendetta against BGP, but I guess Warren East will have to show during its playoff run that it deserves to be at least considered a Top 10 4A team.

You sound bitter HB. It will be ok. Conner went further last year and won head to head this year in a dominating fashion. Fact.

 

That is my point. Last year Cooper won yet you still claimed Conner was better and of course you still had your excuses. You pretty much proved my point I made at the beginning of the season and that was if Conner beats cooper this year you will discount the exact same criteria you used last year to determine Conner better. No matter what the outcome of any game you will always say Conner is better than Cooper no matter what and you proved that to me.

 

I will make another prediction also, if Cooper goes further in the playoffs you will still claim Conner to be the better team. You are too predictable, oh yea, and you will have more excuses why Conner didn't win.

 

I will give you this, if Dixie beats Cooper tonight then I will fully believe Conner is better this year than Cooper. If Cooper beats Dixie then simply going by the body of work and how each team played against common opponents this year there is no way you will convince me Conner should be ranked higher than Cooper.

 

I don't need excuses if Cooper loses, if they lose then they lose simple as that. If they win however then they not only finish the regular season with a better record than Conner but also beat 2 teams that Conner lost to, not to mention the other common opponents that Conner struggled with were not even close due to the fact that Cooper destroyed those teams.

 

So you still have a shot at me admitting Conner is better, if Dixie wins tonight on their senior night then I would say Conner should be ranked higher than Cooper in the rankings.

 

That is my point. Last year Cooper won yet you still claimed Conner was better and of course you still had your excuses. You pretty much proved my point I made at the beginning of the season and that was if Conner beats cooper this year you will discount the exact same criteria you used last year to determine Conner better. No matter what the outcome of any game you will always say Conner is better than Cooper no matter what and you proved that to me.

 

I will make another prediction also, if Cooper goes further in the playoffs you will still claim Conner to be the better team. You are too predictable, oh yea, and you will have more excuses why Conner didn't win.

 

I will give you this, if Dixie beats Cooper tonight then I will fully believe Conner is better this year than Cooper. If Cooper beats Dixie then simply going by the body of work and how each team played against common opponents this year there is no way you will convince me Conner should be ranked higher than Cooper.

 

I don't need excuses if Cooper loses, if they lose then they lose simple as that. If they win however then they not only finish the regular season with a better record than Conner but also beat 2 teams that Conner lost to, not to mention the other common opponents that Conner struggled with were not even close due to the fact that Cooper destroyed those teams.

 

So you still have a shot at me admitting Conner is better, if Dixie wins tonight on their senior night then I would say Conner should be ranked higher than Cooper in the rankings.

 

Your are letting facts get in the way of your flawed reasoning HB. I know it's hard for you to swallow the fact that Cooper lost soundly to Conner and its distorting your judgement ability. Good Luck against Dixie.

Your are letting facts get in the way of your flawed reasoning HB. I know it's hard for you to swallow the fact that Cooper lost soundly to Conner and its distorting your judgement ability. Good Luck against Dixie.

 

I am going strictly off of facts. I said that night that Conner was the better team that game. I didn't use excuses why they lost. I gave kudos to Conner for winning that game.

You of all people should know that you can't judge an entire season off of 1 game or judge an entire team by one game. If that were the case you would have to say that South Oldham is better than Conner, which I never heard you say yet, or that Dixie is better than Conner which I've never heard you say yet.

That is why I let the facts determine my rankings. You are right in one thing, I absolutely let facts get in the way of my rankings, facts are what I used for my rankings, you should try that sometime ;)

 

Also good luck to the Conner team tonight. Big game, if I wasn't going to the Cooper game i'd definitely go to your game, should be a fun one to watch.

Edited by Ram

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.