September 19, 201214 yr Author A, A, C, A, A. Pretty simple. That isn't an option if you go A, C, A. You have to have a stud on the mound in games 1 and 3.
September 19, 201214 yr Jamie Ramsey @Jamieblog #Reds rank 9th in the National League with a total attendance of 2,175,669 (29,009 avg - 75 dates). Jamie Ramsey @Jamieblog Last season at 75 dates, #Reds drew 2,013,699 (27,212 avg)
September 19, 201214 yr When is Cozart expected to return? When will we see Chapman again? I assume it will be in a 10-15 pitch situation in the middle innings, not closing. Wouldn't mind seeing him pitch the 1st inning of a couple of games before letting him close a couple before the Playoffs start.
September 19, 201214 yr You have to have a stud on the mound in games 1 and 3. Why? You have a better chance to win game 2 with Latos on the mound than Bailey. If you're down 1-0 game two is pretty big.
September 19, 201214 yr Except Homer Bailey has sucked at AT&T Park in his career as well and against the Giants. Pitch your best pitchers games 1 & 2. Not going on his career. Going on what he has done this year.
September 19, 201214 yr I heard today he might give it a go again this year. It's a hip issue and a doctor said he couldn't make it any worse. I haven't looked around for confirmation on that though. He may not make his hip any worse, but he sure as heck do hurt his arm or shoulder trying to compensate for his injured hip.
September 19, 201214 yr Why? You have a better chance to win game 2 with Latos on the mound than Bailey. If you're down 1-0 game two is pretty big. And if SF takes their 2 home games you have a better chance of being swept. Split up your power arms in Cueto and Latos. Have a seasoned vet in game 2 (Arroyo), Bailey game 4.
September 19, 201214 yr I would love it if somehow the Reds played in Atlanta. I would definitely be making the 2 1/2 hour trip to see it if the tickets were reasonable. Aren't the Braves notorius for bad playoff attendance?
September 19, 201214 yr Aren't the Braves notorius for bad playoff attendance? No idea. I looked at StubHub for Braves playoff tickets and found some pretty good prices.
September 19, 201214 yr Not going on his career. Going on what he has done this year. 6 1/3 2ER against the Giants at GABP? Unless they change the rotation again it's going to be Cueto, Arroyo, Latos so I'm not sure why we're even having this conversation. Latos is scheduled to pitch the last regular season game.
September 19, 201214 yr FOX Sports Ohio @FOXSportsOH Reds manager Dusty Baker is on his way to a Chicago hospital for chest x-rays. Looking to rule out pneumonia.
September 19, 201214 yr 6 1/3 2ER against the Giants at GABP? Unless they change the rotation again it's going to be Cueto, Arroyo, Latos so I'm not sure why we're even having this conversation. Latos is scheduled to pitch the last regular season game. Do you really think that Latos will pitch the last regular season game? I'm sure as soon as the Reds clinch Dusty and Price will set the rotation for the playoffs.
September 19, 201214 yr FOX Sports Ohio @FOXSportsOH Reds manager Dusty Baker is on his way to a Chicago hospital for chest x-rays. Looking to rule out pneumonia. Praying for Dusty. Pneumonia sucks. As does bronchitis, or any other respiratory problem.
September 19, 201214 yr Do you really think that Latos will pitch the last regular season game? I'm sure as soon as the Reds clinch Dusty and Price will set the rotation for the playoffs. Why would they change it before only to change it again?
September 19, 201214 yr Why would they change it before only to change it again? I guess I need to look at the playoff schedule. How many days off between the Reds last game of the season, and the day they are supposed to play their 1st playoff game?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.