Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds at Cubs Series 9/18 thru 9/20/12

Featured Replies

  • Author
If people really want to go by the numbers. Then who the Reds may play also needs to count in this, and with it being the Giants most likely. If you go by the numbers there is even a better candidate to pitch on the road than Homer against them. It is Mike Leake. Over this last three starts against the Giants he has given up a total of 3 runs over 23 innings. In his last two starts on the road against the Giants Leake is 2 and 0 and has given up 1 run total over the last 17 innings against them. In his one start this year against them on the road he pitched a complete game giving up just one run. So if people want to use the numbers in deciding who should pitch what game, then Mike Leake needs to be added in this discussion for game two. :D

 

With that said if they do split up Latos and Cueto I still would have Arroyo in game two over anyone else.

 

I agree that it should be Latos, Cueto, Leake, Arroyo or Bailey.

  • Replies 343
  • Views 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you're counting on Arroyo and Bailey to pitch games 3 or 4 at home you're making a huge mistake.

 

4 of the 5 SF starters are significantly worse on the road. They have to pitch in the same park the Reds do.

 

The games in SF will be low scoring. You have to pitch the two guys who give you the best chance of holding SF to 1-2 runs. That's Latos and Cueto.

Edit again. Fuzzy math, no shock to anyone. :D

  • Author
Edit again. Fuzzy math, no shock to anyone. :D

 

That's why I don't even attempt it. I'd rather make up the numbers anyway.

4 of the 5 SF starters are significantly worse on the road. They have to pitch in the same park the Reds do.

 

The games in SF will be low scoring. You have to pitch the two guys who give you the best chance of holding SF to 1-2 runs. That's Latos and Cueto.

 

No way you go Cueto and Latos back to back opening on the road. That's why the Reds already moved the rotation around last week putting Arroyo between Latos and Cueto.

 

GM 1 Cueto

CM 2 Arroyo

GM 3 Latos

CM 4 Bailey

GM 5 Cueto

  • Author

With game 3 meaning you advance, gain the series lead or go home...I wouldn't be surprised to see Cueto or Latos in that roll.

Only 1 game back of Washington. I think we'll be playing in Atlanta or Los Angeles to start.

Only 1 game back of Washington. I think we'll be playing in Atlanta or Los Angeles to start.

 

I would be happy with that.

I would love it if somehow the Reds played in Atlanta. I would definitely be making the 2 1/2 hour trip to see it if the tickets were reasonable.

I would be happy with that.

 

 

That would be great if Hudson and Kershaw are both used in the 1 game playoff.

Kershaw is out for the year (99.99% chance) and possibly some of next year last I saw.

Phillips 4, Stubbs 8, Votto 3, Ludwick 7, Bruce 9, Rolen 5, Navarro 2, Valdez 6, Leake 1

So you expect the 2 Aces to throw all 5 games, possibly? You need to throw the C anyway.

 

A, A, C, A, A. Pretty simple.

 

That isn't an option if you go A, C, A.

That would be great if Hudson and Kershaw are both used in the 1 game playoff.

 

I think Kershaw is having some health issues too. It would be nice to be the 1 seed.

Kershaw is out for the year (99.99% chance) and possibly some of next year last I saw.

 

I heard today he might give it a go again this year. It's a hip issue and a doctor said he couldn't make it any worse. I haven't looked around for confirmation on that though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.