Highlands 51 Western 23

Birdsfan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible special teams for the Birds tonight, 2 kick-off returns for touchdowns. 2 onside kick recoveries. Also, the punting game sounded like it struggled. The run defense and the pass offense seem like there is a lot of work to be done. The good news is that all these weaknesses are fixable. I have to say this is my perception of listening to the game over the radio. Harris sounded like he was gaining yards rather easily. Highlands has 1 more week to get ready for the Catholic team from Covington comes to Fort Thomas.

IMO as usual, Dale won't run the Quarterback until there is a loseable game.

All I have to say is UGLY!!! Birds better get their act together....That was the worst I have seen the Birds look in a long long time. I can't figure out what they are trying to do on offense or defense? I hope Dale is just trying not to show anything on tape..:idunno:

All I have to say is UGLY!!! Birds better get their act together....That was the worst I have seen the Birds look in a long long time. I can't figure out what they are trying to do on offense or defense? I hope Dale is just trying not to show anything on tape..:idunno:

1. Get the QB some reps.

2. Passing game.

3. Do a better job scouting highlands soccer stars.

4. Bring Oliver Head back to have a talk on how to hit on defense.

5. When in doubt, give the ball to Harris.

6. Birds win 6 in a row.

Wow Birds give up one TD on defense and everything needs to be fixed, really? Birds played a whole lot of people and not just in the 4th Q. Western was a big, fast, athletic team. Of course there are always things to work on but there was a lot of rotation on both sides of the ball and in special teams. So stay the course as our coaches and boys have heard all this before and have done quite well. Threw the ball a lot so it would appear they were working on a few things as when they needed to run it they typically got what they needed.

Averaging 50+ a game isn't too shabby for a HS football team.

True, I may have been spoiled by last year's team. This team is more of a work in progress. I have no doubt in my mind that this team will be ready come to playoff time. Every game that goes by will be more experience for the birds. This Highlands team is really good and should still be ranked # 1 in the state (4a).