3. Frankfort at 5A #4 Franklin County

4. Beechwood at 2A Covington Holy Cross 9/6

5. Russellville at 3A South Warren

6. Raceland vs. 5A Greenup County

7. Williamsburg vs. 2A Leslie County

8. Fairview -- OPEN

9. Kentucky Country Day at 2A Carroll County

10. Harlan vs. 2A Middlesboro

Based on performance, Beechwood is probably about right. They went down to the wire and gave an undefeated 6A school their toughest game of the season. Game 2 was not as good a performance but in spite of numerous injuries they hung tough with a talented, undefeated 4A school. This week's game should give a true picture of where the Tigers actually stand at this point in the season.

Based on performance, Beechwood is probably about right. They went down to the wire and gave an undefeated 6A school their toughest game of the season. Game 2 was not as good a performance but in spite of numerous injuries they hung tough with a talented, undefeated 4A school. This week's game should give a true picture of where the Tigers actually stand at this point in the season.

Given their injuries, not being as high might be good for the Tigers

What has to be on Bw minds will be who will make it back. If Erdman and Nussbaum return that would be huge but without them it is going to be hard for Bw to make a big run. That is like Mf without Jackson, you just don't recover from that kind of loss. Any word on their status? It will be a shame if they can't comeback. I was really looking forward to watching the second installment of Jackson vs Nuss. Last year they both played like they were possessed

Based on actual results on the field, I think BWood should be down a little lower. There's no doubt that there name alone is giving them the benefit of the doubt at this time. IMO, if they have 6 starters out with injury, unless they are coming back this next week, they should be ranked by the current product they put on the field. If 1 or 2 comes back this week and then 1 or 2 the next, and then they start playing better, that is when they should move back up the ladder. I would probably have them around 7th right now. Williamsburg, Raceland and Fairview, along with Mayfield, Hazard and Frankfort ahead of them.

Bracken has improved a lot, but I don't think they could run with this group of 10 at this point. Class A is extremely loaded at the top right now.

Your right I actually meant to type it in the 11-15 thread. They could possibly compete with maybe Harlan, But that top 5-6 is very loaded.

How is Raceland above fairview? Raceland lost a game, close at the half (21-19) but got blown out in the second half. Fairview is 3-0, most folks say not winning by enough, but a win is a win??

What this guy said:

Your right I actually meant to type it in the 11-15 thread. They could possibly compete with maybe Harlan, But that top 5-6 is very loaded.

Bottom line ...

Would Fairview have played Ashland tougher than Raceland did?

Would Fairview beat Simon Kenton or Holmes?

If you can present some compelling evidence that they would, they by all means, I'll be happy to advocate a higher ranking for Fairview.

I'm not holding my breath.

When teams get to the postseason, opponents don't care if you're unbeaten against a bunch of softies. How many times have we seen teams with gaudy records against soft schedules make a quick exit in the playoffs?