St Xavier/Bowling Green Predictions

AvidTiger

Who do you think wins this matchup?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins this matchup?

• St Xavier
    • Bowling Green

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:clap::lol: You never cease to amaze me. But do tell who is the best defenses X will face this year and tell me why DF isn't close to them. And read my post i talked about Walker personally doing what he did with a terrible line. I didn't say anything about amount of points scored or any reference to scores for that matter. Look at the runs he posted. Go back and watch that. And Take the X off your shirt while you watch it. :confused:

I don't care if he rushed for 500 yards, if the team can't score points what good is it?

You can look at the schedule and figure out who the teams with defense are, but if you need help... it's not Doss :lol:

I may be wrong, but I'm going with my heart and going with the Purple and Gold.

In 2005, many Tiger posters were predicting 56-0 and 56-7 and that the Purples didn't stand a chance. Ryan Beard's crushing hit of a St X punt returner showed that the Purples were nobody's doormat, and it turned out to be a classic game. The Tiger fans were very gracious in victory, and that made a big impression on Purple Nation.

In 2006, the physical Tigers knocked out no less than seven Purple starters who also could not answer the bell next week against a very good Christian Co team. However, the reserves had enough moxie to still make it another classic game with the Tigers and beat Christian Co the following week in three overtimes.

Last year was still another classic game, and the Purples finally won their first game in the series and became the first public school to win at beautiful Brother Thomas More Stadium. I personally chased down every Purple player and convinced them that they can still win the game, and they took over in the second half. Again, the St X faithful were super, congratulating all of us on the win. I think that Tiger fans are top notch!:thumb:

This year, we see just what the Purples are really made of. The Tigers are better than last year, and BGHS returns only four starters from last year, but have hardly been tested yet. The game is at the hallowed Home of the Purples for 43 seasons, Elvis Donaldson Stadium/Monie Beard Field. I think that this game is going to be just as much emotional as it is physical or a test of speed. Mike Glaser is retiring at the end of the season, and many around the Commonwealth (including us) will miss him. I would like to shake his hand, win or lose, after the game as he leaves the field (both teams enter at the same place, and that's where I position myself before and after the game). The Purples would like to see the continuation of a 17 game win streak. All eyes in the Commonwealth will be looking this way come Friday night!

Any of you Tiger fans who want to see Mrs PH and me before the game or after, meet us at the little patch of artificial turf down by the Fieldhouse where the players come on the field...we'd like to make new friends and see old friends! By all means, be careful coming down for the game, and have a good time while you're here! Here's hoping for another classic game in the series!:thumb::D

I don't care if he rushed for 500 yards, if the team can't score points what good is it?

You can look at the schedule and figure out who the teams with defense are, but if you need help... it's not Doss :lol:

Amen to this ! Perfectly stated. A complete game will be necessary on Friday to guarantee a tigers victory. The QB can throw the ball, but when he is yanked out of scrimmages and runaway wins so that the 2 can get his reps, then you can't expect him to perform in big games. It is his first year as a starter and you would think he needs as many reps as possible

Glaser will have to open it up more on Friday if he expects to walk out with a win by any margin!

Being able to run the ball and stop the run are the two most important things in football; don't try to convince me other wise. In X's run first offense....they should start using swing and bubble passes. I know they run them a few times but as a running team a bubble pass is nothing more than a sweep and goes into their passing stats. A win, win for everyone!!! A perfect player to throw a bubble to...#16.

X doesn't have to open up anything....throw the ball 15-20 times to keep the D off balance and then the running lanes become that much bigger.

BG will be ready for just about anything X does and BG's offense will be confident they can run the ball based off last years game. Should be a great game!

This has been a good series between 2 schools with excellent programs, and what I have seen, friendly and sportsmanlike fans. I saw the 2005 game. I don't think the Tigers overlook this group. The game last week helped a young team grow up a bit (At least I hope) Go Tigers!

Edited by Tigercat
Mis spelt Tigers

How did BG's Nacarius Fant do in the St. X game last year?

Hey Pride!

Nacarius (a sophomore last year) snagged three passes for 40 yards. The Tiger defense did a very good job containing him last year. The week before against Henry Clay, he burned them for ten catches for 159 yards.:thumb:

Hey Pride!

Nacarius (a sophomore last year) snagged three passes for 40 yards. The Tiger defense did a very good job containing him last year. The week before against Henry Clay, he burned them for ten catches for 159 yards.:thumb:

How's it going PH? Thanks again for keeping me up to date with BG. I went to my 20 year reunion and they had open house at the school and it looks the same. :lol:

I was at that Henry Clay game last year and that was the first time I had seen Nacarius play. Needless to say he put on a show that night.

PH, how do you think depth and line play will hold up for the Purples?

Hey LTR!

Good question. It's no secret that BGHS is short on depth this year. Last year's team had 31 seniors and most starters came back. This year, we only return ten seniors and four starters, so depth is most certainly a concern. Sure, there's talent on that bench, but it's inexperienced depth. I think we have 93 on this year's roster. This season is a big test for the Purples, but I think that they'll acquit themselves well, and there's not a quitter in the bunch!

As for line play, this year's lines are smaller than last year's, and that could be a big problem if the guys don't hang tough. But it is not impossible. In 1976, my senior year, our lines were outsized by every team we played, but we completed the first perfect season in school history at 12-0. For three straight years, we had the quickest offensive line in the Commonwealth, bar none. That's the key for the BGHS offensive line. On defense, we go with three down linemen, and they too are smaller but much quicker than last year. On top of that, our coaches tend to substitute liberally to keep them fresh. That's why they never build up tremendous individual statistics, but it does tend to equalize things with a bigger line.

Thanx for the question!:thumb:

How's it going PH? Thanks again for keeping me up to date with BG. I went to my 20 year reunion and they had open house at the school and it looks the same. :lol:

I was at that Henry Clay game last year and that was the first time I had seen Nacarius play. Needless to say he put on a show that night.

It's going very well, Pride! I'm glad you came to your reunion...I had my 35th this summer and had a blast! Alma Mater has changed a little since my days, but it is mostly the same. Alma Mater is proof that you can always go home!! "...May She Never Die!"

Nacarius is a great young man. When Mrs PH and I welcome the guys on the field before the game, he gives us both a hug and me a handshake like a man. I'm very proud of him, and he has many great accomplishments ahead of him. Just think, we have him for one more year after this year! He's an outstanding all-around athlete, and I know he'll have a great adulthood waiting for him someday!

:thumb::D