Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St Xavier/Bowling Green Predictions

Who do you think wins this matchup? 46 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you think wins this matchup?

    • St Xavier
      67%
      31
    • Bowling Green
      32%
      15

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The 2-0 Tigers travel to Bowling Green(2-0) looking to avenge the loss suffered at home last season. Last season's game was very close and competitive all the way to the end. What Do you all think is going to happen?

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could be wrong but I am thinking St. Xavier is better than last year's team and while BG is still #1 in 5A I think it is safe to say that BG isn't where they were last year at this time. My heart says BG but my head says St. X. Great game for both teams IMO. I have always liked that BG schedules Trinity and St. X regularly. That's how you get better. Play the best and then emulate their programs to achieve similar success.

I could be wrong but I am thinking St. Xavier is better than last year's team and while BG is still #1 in 5A I think it is safe to say that BG isn't where they were last year at this time. My heart says BG but my head says St. X. Great game for both teams IMO. I have always liked that BG schedules Trinity and St. X regularly. That's how you get better. Play the best and then emulate their programs to achieve similar success.

 

PP92 ... you are right on many counts. Scheduling the best only makes you better as you can focus on fixing the flaws that great competition exposes. This should be a great game Friday night in BG. I know the Tigers were happy that they don't have to deal with "Scooter" anymore, but their coaches are very impressed with your current QB. This Tiger team is much better than last year's group. They have a talented group of offensive and defensive weapons. Schickel's a force in the kicking game. So far only one kickoff has not reached the endzone. His 54 yard high and long punt the other night resulted in a turnover as the Dutch Fork return man tried catching it over his shoulder after a long retreat. Good luck Friday... this will be the highlight game in Kentucky this week!

St. Xavier 21-14.

BG is a year away from being dominate like they were last year. The offense isn't as good as last year's, but BG's defense will always be what carries them/what they are known for.

 

X 28-14

Last year I remember hearing that BG's offense did a great job of running the ball and keeping the ball away from St. X's offense. From what I have been hearing this year's St. X team looks like a "normal" St. X team, with big offensive and defensive lines.

 

Bowling Green's defense always keeps them in a game, but unlike last year I don't think the Purples will be able to sustain drives. BG has some young weapons on offense but I think St. X will be able to keep them in check with their size and speed on defense. If St. X can get Walker going on offense then they will be fine, if the BG defense can stop/slow him down I think it will be toss up game.

 

I think the size and depth takes over for St. X and they survive their trip to Bowling Green.

 

St. X - 23

BG - 14

St X 31 - BG 15.

 

BG will miss that talented, multi dimensional QB from last year.

 

St X is deeper and faster than last year.

  • Author
PP92 ... you are right on many counts. Scheduling the best only makes you better as you can focus on fixing the flaws that great competition exposes. This should be a great game Friday night in BG. I know the Tigers were happy that they don't have to deal with "Scooter" anymore, but their coaches are very impressed with your current QB. This Tiger team is much better than last year's group. They have a talented group of offensive and defensive weapons. Schickel's a force in the kicking game. So far only one kickoff has not reached the endzone. His 54 yard high and long punt the other night resulted in a turnover as the Dutch Fork return man tried catching it over his shoulder after a long retreat. Good luck Friday... this will be the highlight game in Kentucky this week!

 

Very happy Scooter is gone. But this shall be a good game but i still take X by 2tds.

  • Author
Last year I remember hearing that BG's offense did a great job of running the ball and keeping the ball away from St. X's offense. From what I have been hearing this year's St. X team looks like a "normal" St. X team, with big offensive and defensive lines.

 

Bowling Green's defense always keeps them in a game, but unlike last year I don't think the Purples will be able to sustain drives. BG has some young weapons on offense but I think St. X will be able to keep them in check with their size and speed on defense. If St. X can get Walker going on offense then they will be fine, if the BG defense can stop/slow him down I think it will be toss up game.

 

I think the size and depth takes over for St. X and they survive their trip to Bowling Green.

 

St. X - 23

BG - 14

 

I Really don't see any team on the schedule stopping Walker. Even if you go back and view last year's film vs T they only slowed him down but didn't stop him. The past 2 gms he has had over 150 rushing yards in the 1st half, and the gm against DF he had 2 tds called back due to unnecessary roughness. So i see X's offense moving and moving. Unless they have 4 turnovers like last game.

Good posts by all. So far the Purples are showing signs of a young, energetic and athletic team. They score in bunches and I think that they can score on St. X. The tigers have yet to play a complete game and looked sloppy after half time against Dutch Fork all the way around. If St. X comes out and plays 4 quarters of solid ball, I think that they take this one 31-14. A couple of turnovers, or more sloppy play, do not rule out a Purples win !!

Is Walker going to play? Didn't he get hurt last week?

Is Walker going to play? Didn't he get hurt last week?

 

There was no reported injury. He was suffering from dehydration. He is ready for the trip to Purpleville, and the chance to perform before Mr. & Mrs. PurpleHaze.......GO TIGERS!! :ylsuper: :banana: :ylsuper:

X will likely wear BG down late in the game.

There was no reported injury. He was suffering from dehydration. He is ready for the trip to Purpleville, and the chance to perform before Mr. & Mrs. PurpleHaze.......GO TIGERS!! :ylsuper: :banana: :ylsuper:

 

 

Cool. That's good to hear.

  • Author
X will likely wear BG down late in the game.

 

I say 2nd qtr

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.