Conner 31 Boone County 19

Conner's FG actually was scored before Boone took the lead. Boone went up 19-18, then Barker hit on 2 long passes. The first, on a broken coverage, set-up the go ahead TD run. The second was the long TD pass to make it 31-19.

Thanks.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Conner's FG actually was scored before Boone took the lead. Boone went up 19-18, then Barker hit on 2 long passes. The first, on a broken coverage, set-up the go ahead TD run. The second was the long TD pass to make it 31-19.

Does that mean I was right and Clyde was wrong? :D

This is going to make me right twice and you wrong twice, go back and ready my post Clyde.

First play of the 4th is not "late in the 2nd half" in my book.

Your overall point that it wasn't a 12-pt game throughout , though, is correct.

Thought Boone played very well w/ the exception of 3 HUGE breakdowns in the defensive secondary. Got lucky and Barker missed on one and Conner had to settle for a FG instead of TD. Jet Williams got hurt on the 1st play from scrimmage and didn't return. I have to believe this game would have had a different ending w/ Jet at CB. Diaw was a force w/ the North/South runs inside the tackles.

That is a big blow losing Jet. It may not be as significant as Conner losing Fogle, but not far from it. Isn't he playing both ways? I think he may be better on defense than offense. Best wishes that it isn't a bad injury.

u

Boone was going to live and die with the runs up the middle and it worked quite often and kept Conner's offense off of the field.

I expected more of the passing game from Boone that I saw tonight. Kid has a nice arm.

Boone is better than I expected them to be.

Will hell freeze over before Boone changes their style?

Conner's defense was really good tonight. Some may disagree because they gave up some serious rushing yardage, however.........they were on the field for the majority of the game and were flat out gassed at the end. End result......they gave up 19 pts. That is not a bad night. Boone has a really good team and I am going to say right now that they are going to win the NKY 6A division. Conner just has a really good team and will only get better. They will crush HC next week just like they did last year. I would fully expect Conner to be undefeated by the time they meet Cooper. They will be complete by then. Boone had a great strategy and it almost worked. This Boone team will not lost a 6A game in NKY. Diaw was a man among boys tonight. He will run thru 6A like a hot knife thru butter. Kid is a stud. This was a great game to watch. Also like to give props to Loney from Conner (2 TD) and Ingolia from Boone (gamer). Great crowd as well. Fun night. Hope the "Jet" is flying again soon.

Conner's defense was really good tonight. Some may disagree because they gave up some serious rushing yardage, however.........they were on the field for the majority of the game and were flat out gassed at the end. End result......they gave up 19 pts. That is not a bad night. Boone has a really good team and I am going to say right now that they are going to win the NKY 6A division. Conner just has a really good team and will only get better. They will crush HC next week just like they did last year. I would fully expect Conner to be undefeated by the time they meet Cooper. They will be complete by then. Boone had a great strategy and it almost worked. This Boone team will not lost a 6A game in NKY. Diaw was a man among boys tonight. He will run thru 6A like a hot knife thru butter. Kid is a stud. This was a great game to watch. Also like to give props to Loney from Conner (2 TD) and Ingolia from Boone (gamer). Great crowd as well. Fun night. Hope the "Jet" is flying again soon.

I'll be the first to disagree.They gave up 19 only because Boone stop themselves,fumbles, bad snap, penalties dropped passes etc.Boone's O is probably the most easy to defend,run up the middle and a pass every so often.When you're Db's make almost every tackle you have problems.Conner had to take Fogle from safty to cb because he was spending to much energy making every tackle at safty,and poor # 25 who took Fogle's place took a beatdown.When you can't stop the other team you'll be on the field alot.