Conner 31 Boone County 19

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to know time of possession. I'm guessing 2 to 1 in favor of Boone.

I had Drew with about 215 yards passing and about 50 or 60 rushing. Played solid. One he would like to have back.

The 56 yd TD pass was about as well as you can throw it. The corner was running with Loney but the ball simply was right where it had to be.

Diaw had to have well over 100 yards.

It was closer than the score indicates, Boone was winning late in the second half and Conner scored two quick TDs to put the game away.

Boone went up 19 18 very early in the 4th.

Conner then answered with a drive that resulted in a FG.

Conner then scored on a 56 yd TD with about 6 minutes left to go up 31 19.

It was closer than the score indicates, Boone was winning late in the second half and Conner scored two quick TDs to put the game away.

Thought Boone played very well w/ the exception of 3 HUGE breakdowns in the defensive secondary. Got lucky and Barker missed on one and Conner had to settle for a FG instead of TD. Jet Williams got hurt on the 1st play from scrimmage and didn't return. I have to believe this game would have had a different ending w/ Jet at CB. Diaw was a force w/ the North/South runs inside the tackles.

Thought Boone played very well w/ the exception of 3 HUGE breakdowns in the defensive secondary. Got lucky and Barker missed on one and Conner had to settle for a FG instead of TD. Jet Williams got hurt on the 1st play from scrimmage and didn't return. I have to believe this game would have had a different ending w/ Jet at CB. Diaw was a force w/ the North/South runs inside the tackles.

I agree 100%.

u

Thanks Clyde, I stand corrected.

Conner finished strong and Boone forgot how to play pass defense. Add an injury to Boone's best WR and the result is a Conner win.

Boone was going to live and die with the runs up the middle and it worked quite often and kept Conner's offense off of the field.

I expected more of the passing game from Boone that I saw tonight. Kid has a nice arm.

Boone is better than I expected them to be.

Boone went up 19 18 very early in the 4th.

Conner then answered with a drive that resulted in a FG.

Conner then scored on a 56 yd TD with about 6 minutes left to go up 31 19.

Conner's FG actually was scored before Boone took the lead. Boone went up 19-18, then Barker hit on 2 long passes. The first, on a broken coverage, set-up the go ahead TD run. The second was the long TD pass to make it 31-19.