Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Still Investigating Nerlens

Featured Replies

  • Author
Grass is green, the sky is blue, and the earth is round. All of these are true and Thamel doesn't write articles about them. The fact is the NCAA is probably looking at other recruits (Mohammed) and other schools are invovled in some wrong doing (UNC) yet not a peep from Thamel about those issues.

 

Ask WVU if they're happy with the article Thamel came out with recently.

 

Ask Georgetown fans if they're happy with him.

 

99% of the people on here NEVER read Thamel UNLESS it's about UK YET they all know that all he does it write about UK.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
This case sounds similar to John Wall's case where both UK and Cal had zero to do with anything.

 

I didn't read anything in the article to indict Cal. I read that the NCAA wants to know who paid for his unofficials and they're looking into two of his local guys. If it wasn't pertinent to UK Sandy Bell would not have left Lexington.

From what I know about the situation the shady characters mentioned and shady situation mentioned centers around characters who were trying to push him towards Syracuse and not UK. It would be possible for it to effect Nerlens in a sense he may have to sit some games, or lose eligibility, but I don't think Kentucky has committed any wrong doing unless something to the contrary comes out.

I didn't read anything in the article to indict Cal. I read that the NCAA wants to know who paid for his unofficials and they're looking into two of his local guys. If it wasn't pertinent to UK Sandy Bell would not have left Lexington.

 

I just think SB likes to have all of the I's dotted and T's crossed when it comes to ALL UK recruits.

I just think SB likes to have all of the I's dotted and T's crossed when it comes to ALL UK recruits.

 

She probably gets paid very well do so.

I didn't read anything in the article to indict Cal. I read that the NCAA wants to know who paid for his unofficials and they're looking into two of his local guys. If it wasn't pertinent to UK Sandy Bell would not have left Lexington.

 

Exactly. It made it sound as if that guy from Providence was leaching onto Noels and they wanted to eliminate any connection b/n him and the NCAA. It looked like the UK official was there to see how deep the relationship truly went.

IMO as UK fan, I am glad all of these guys are writing stories and questioning our recruits/recruiting. Major college basketball is a shady business. To me this is a great checks and balance system for UK and Sandy Bell. She has a few investigative reporters doing her job for her!

IMO as UK fan, I am glad all of these guys are writing stories and questioning our recruits/recruiting. Major college basketball is a shady business. To me this is a great checks and balance system for UK and Sandy Bell. She has a few investigative reporters doing her job for her!

 

That's what I have always felt. Coach Cal at UK is and will be the most scrutinized coaching stint in major college basketball history. You have a coach with a history of program infractions under his watch joining the one of the most prestigious programs in history, which has also been on probation almost every decade. Any misstep and the NCAA will be on it. As a result, I feel absolutely comfortable and delighted w/ last year's win.

  • Author
I just think SB likes to have all of the I's dotted and T's crossed when it comes to ALL UK recruits.

 

No question. However, she doesn't get on a plane and meet with the NCAA on many recruits.

  • Author
Exactly. It made it sound as if that guy from Providence was leaching onto Noels and they wanted to eliminate any connection b/n him and the NCAA. It looked like the UK official was there to see how deep the relationship truly went.

 

Agreed. It CAN have an impact on UK.

That's what I have always felt. Coach Cal at UK is and will be the most scrutinized coaching stint in major college basketball history. You have a coach with a history of program infractions under his watch joining the one of the most prestigious programs in history, which has also been on probation almost every decade. Any misstep and the NCAA will be on it. As a result, I feel absolutely comfortable and delighted w/ last year's win.

 

It is interesting that all the suspicion toward Cal is directed at his recruiting and the two previous infractions are always brought up in that, yet the infractions weren't related to recruiting.

 

Rose's issue was regarding his entrance exam and eligibility.

Camby's was a tutor issue I believe.

 

I know it doesn't matter to anyone, but those are things that could have happened to any coach, IMO. And, the Rose issue has been thoroughly discussed, and IMO, unfair from the NCAA. They cleared the guy to play. At that point, what are you supposed to do?

  • Author
It is interesting that all the suspicion toward Cal is directed at his recruiting and the two previous infractions are always brought up in that, yet the infractions weren't related to recruiting.

 

Rose's issue was regarding his entrance exam and eligibility.

Camby's was a tutor issue I believe.

 

I know it doesn't matter to anyone, but those are things that could have happened to any coach, IMO. And, the Rose issue has been thoroughly discussed, and IMO, unfair from the NCAA. They cleared the guy to play. At that point, what are you supposed to do?

 

Rose was indeed regarding a test which would seem to fall under becoming eligible.

 

Camby's issue involved an agent.

That's what I have always felt. Coach Cal at UK is and will be the most scrutinized coaching stint in major college basketball history. You have a coach with a history of program infractions under his watch joining the one of the most prestigious programs in history, which has also been on probation almost every decade. Any misstep and the NCAA will be on it. As a result, I feel absolutely comfortable and delighted w/ last year's win.

 

The funny part is that UK (basketball) hasn't been cited for a major violation in over 20 years.

 

These schools have all been cited for major violations in basketball since the last time Kentucky was in trouble.

 

ACC: GT, FSU, WF, Clemson, Maryland, NCSU

Big 12: OU (x2), KU, Baylor (x2), Mizzou (x2), TT, TAMU

Big East: UConn, SJU, Villanova, Rutger, UC, UofL (x2), DePaul, Pitt, Syracuse

Big 10: IU, tOSU (x2), Michigan, Minnesota (x2), Purdue, Illinois

Pac 12: Cal (x2), Arizona, USC, Utah, Washington, UCLA

SEC: UT, Bama (x2), UGA, Auburn (x2), Arkansas (x2), LSU, South Carolina, Florida

 

If you added in Maggette at Duke and UNC's current academic fraud scandal, then you've got just about every high profile school out there.

How would Thamel ever bring Cal down?

 

By uncovering crooked activity & reporting on it, ala the Herald-Leader in the 1980's.

  • Author
By uncovering crooked activity & reporting on it, ala the Herald-Leader in the 1980's.

 

So if you robbed a bank and I told the police I saw you who exactly brought you down?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.