Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Still Investigating Nerlens

Featured Replies

Better watch out guys, Clizzy is on the attack!

 

I know he's already fired up the email, but I think we are on the verge of the next great BGP's rant!

  • Replies 74
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he is consistently writing stories that turn into non stories, the next time I see a story by him I may not even read it. Why should I when I know there will be nothing to it? If the weatherman tells me it is going to rain every day and it never does, I turn the channel. It doesn't matter if black clouds passed over each day.

 

He reported that the NCAA is in New Hampshire investigating and that Sandy Bell was there. All fact...

As I read this it looks like there may have been undue influenece by Chris Driscoll and unknown who paid for tickets for visits to UL and UK. Is there anything else going on here?

He reported that the NCAA is in New Hampshire investigating and that Sandy Bell was there. All fact...

 

I don't think that anybody is arguing if this is factual or not. Its just that ALL Thamel seems to report on is alleged or potential or possible negative stories about UK/Cal. He's obviously writing UK themed stories often enough that he's "known" amongst UK fans. As far as I can remember, all of his stories have turned out to be.... nothing.

 

My favorite part is his appeal to the NYT as a source for a previous article. And he fails to mention that HE wrote the article for the NYT.

  • Author
Its just that ALL Thamel seems to report on is alleged or potential or possible negative stories about UK/Cal. .

 

 

That's either hyperbole or you simply do not read much of what Thamel writes. People in Indy are talking about his WVU/Dakich article this week.

  • Author

My favorite part is his appeal to the NYT as a source for a previous article. And he fails to mention that HE wrote the article for the NYT.

 

I know Matt Jones tweeted this out to get his fans fired up but what's the issue? That's hardly a "source." He is linking to a story that tells another story that is related to this one.

Wonder if this would be a story if NN was white and his Dad was a doctor?

I don't have a problem with Thamel reporting this, because what he reported to this point seems factual.

 

I also don't have a problem with Matt Jones calling Thamel out for his obvious Calipari obsession. I know that if I had awakened this morning with someone informing me that a sports writer will report on an NCAA investigation of a UK recruit, it would take one guess for me to accurately identify said reporter.

 

In both situations, the facts are being reported. The NCAA is taking another look into Nerlens Noel. Pete Thamel is obsessed with John Calipari.

Thamel will never bring Cal down. Two polar opposite IQ levels.

Thamel will never bring Cal down. Two polar opposite IQ levels.

 

I wouldn't go that far. Even though I think he's a toad, Thamel is a gifted writer. His desire to "bring Cal down" is obvious. Put those two things together & it wouldn't surprise me if he did bring Cal down. I hope he doesn't. I don't think he will. But it's not impossible at all IMO.

 

I wouldn't go that far. Even though I think he's a toad, Thamel is a gifted writer. His desire to "bring Cal down" is obvious. Put those two things together & it wouldn't surprise me if he did bring Cal down. I hope he doesn't. I don't think he will. But it's not impossible at all IMO.

 

Don't under estimate Cal's intelligence RP. VERY smart dude.

Don't under estimate Cal's intelligence RP. VERY smart dude.

 

I don't doubt that for a second either. But two of his programs were nailed with pretty strict punishments. I'm aware that he was never personally implicated, but still...

Grass is green, the sky is blue, and the earth is round. All of these are true and Thamel doesn't write articles about them. The fact is the NCAA is probably looking at other recruits (Mohammed) and other schools are invovled in some wrong doing (UNC) yet not a peep from Thamel about those issues.

This case sounds similar to John Wall's case where both UK and Cal had zero to do with anything.

  • Author
I wouldn't go that far. Even though I think he's a toad, Thamel is a gifted writer. His desire to "bring Cal down" is obvious. Put those two things together & it wouldn't surprise me if he did bring Cal down. I hope he doesn't. I don't think he will. But it's not impossible at all IMO.

 

How would Thamel ever bring Cal down?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.