Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Still Investigating Nerlens

Featured Replies

  • Replies 74
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't even have to click on it to guess who wrote it. :D

 

Link isn't working by the way.

It does not surprise me anything with Kentucky Basketball will always have something negative about it I hope it all works out for UK. JD

Thamel writes negative article about UK/Calipari - News at 11.

  • Author
Thamel writes negative article about UK/Calipari - News at 11.

 

If Thamel was making this story up I think we'd have a reason to curse him.

 

However, Sandy Bell rolled out for this meeting. There was something that caused her to get on a plane and Thamel reported on it.

 

Seems like a fair story to me.

 

I think the Matt Jones mentality of bashing Thamel when he's reporting a factual story is not becoming.

What is the accuracy record of Thamel stories on UK? I am with Clyde, if there is an issue, then you can't fault Thamel for doing his job. However, if nothing comes of this, what consequences does Thamel face? What has he been right about and wrong about in previous stories he pursued versus UK?

  • Author
What is the accuracy record of Thamel stories on UK? I am with Clyde, if there is an issue, then you can't fault Thamel for doing his job. However, if nothing comes of this, what consequences does Thamel face? What has he been right about and wrong about in previous stories he pursued versus UK?

 

What do you mean "if nothing comes of this?" Are you saying there wasn't a meeting?

What do you mean "if nothing comes of this?" Are you saying there wasn't a meeting?

 

I am saying if no wrong doing is found, this just adds another piece of evidence for those who say Thamel is on a UK vendetta. Obviously he isn't making it up. What other stories has Thamel pursued against UK and what was the result? IMO, it damages his credibility if nothing happens here and we have 4 other stories similar that Thamel pursued and nothing came of any of them.

  • Author
I am saying if no wrong doing is found, this just adds another piece of evidence to those who say Thamel is on a UK vendetta. Obviously he isn't making it. What other stories has Thamel pursued against UK and what was the result? IMO, it damages his credibility if nothing happens here and we have 4 other stories similar that Thamel pursued and nothing came of any of them.

 

So let me make sure I follow.

 

The NCAA at least TWICE looks into the #1 recruit's recruitment by the BIGGEST PROGRAM.

UK's queen of compliance goes TO the meeting WITH the NCAA.

He QUOTES NCAA sources who confirm there are questions.

 

If we agree on all of the above I don't see how an NCAA writer would NOT report on it.

 

When Thamel starts making reports without valid sources THEN we can get on him.

 

UK will always have smoke around recruiting with Cal because a)he's Cal and b)he's recruiting the elite of the elite.

 

I don't think it's unfair to ask how Nerlens' family paid for those flights. He has hangers on like every stud. It's news.

I don't think Thamel is concerned with his credibility among UK fans... :lol:

  • Author
I don't think Thamel is concerned with his credibility among UK fans... :lol:

 

Correct. And when you see the dimwits that are tweeting him and making their online comments it backs up the stereotype that we're all morons who can't spell and can't follow along with the story.

I don't think Thamel is concerned with his credibility among UK fans... :lol:

 

If he is consistently writing stories that turn into non stories, the next time I see a story by him I may not even read it. Why should I when I know there will be nothing to it? If the weatherman tells me it is going to rain every day and it never does, I turn the channel. It doesn't matter if black clouds passed over each day.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.