Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pat Robertson Blames FormerKyWrestler and His "Ilk" For Shooting

Featured Replies

I think anybody who gives dollar one to any of those clowns deserves to see that dollar go up in flames in hell. Televangelists are scumbags. Billy Freakin' Graham included.

 

 

Why do you feel Billy Graham is a scumbag?

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another serious question; based on a quote in Post #1.

 

Do atheists hate God?

 

That's a good question. I assume they just don't believe in God but I have no clue.

Another serious question; based on a quote in Post #1.

 

Do atheists hate God?

 

It's tough to hate something if you don't believe it exists. If you'll permit me to rephrase the question, it's certainly an interesting discussion to talk about whether atheists hate the idea of God, because I think you then have people split into multiple camps.

It's tough to hate something if you don't believe it exists. If you'll permit me to rephrase the question, it's certainly an interesting discussion to talk about whether atheists hate the idea of God, because I think you then have people split into multiple camps.

 

I beg to differ. A lot of people hate Dusty Baker's managing skills, but we'll leave that for the Pro Sports forum. :lol:

Talk about the anti-Christ !!

Talk about the anti-Christ !!

Pat Robertson or Dusty Baker?

Why do you feel Billy Graham is a scumbag?

 

Because he's a televangelist. From my experience, those folks seem to be far less about doing God's work than they are about amassing cash.

Because he's a televangelist. From my experience, those folks seem to be far less about doing God's work than they are about amassing cash.

 

 

So you know nothing about Billy Graham or his work? You just want to lump him in with other televangelist?

So you know nothing about Billy Graham or his work? You just want to lump him in with other televangelist?

 

I'm quite familiar with Graham and his work. He may be somewhat more ethical than your garden-variety televangelist, and some of his work is admirable. But his preaching doesn't jive with how I was raised.

I'm quite familiar with Graham and his work. He may be somewhat more ethical than your garden-variety televangelist, and some of his work is admirable. But his preaching doesn't jive with how I was raised.

 

 

Care to expound on that?

Care to expound on that?

 

I was raised Catholic. He's a Southern Baptist.

I don't agree with everything Graham says, but he maintained his integrity (for the most part) & didn't constantly bombard his audience with the whole "sow your seed of faith" crap that you hear from the majority of the money-hungry TV evangelist crowd.

I'm quite familiar with Graham and his work. He may be somewhat more ethical than your garden-variety televangelist, and some of his work is admirable. But his preaching doesn't jive with how I was raised.

 

Which of course makes him Billy freaking Graham, scumbag.

I don't agree with everything Graham says, but he maintained his integrity (for the most part) & didn't constantly bombard his audience with the whole "sow your seed of faith" crap that you hear from the majority of the money-hungry TV evangelist crowd.

 

Interesting that you should mention that.

 

I do a lot of "picking" at local auctions, yard sales, etc. for items to eBay. A couple of months ago I bought a box of religious books and pamphlets that came out of a storage bin. They ranged from the relatively mainstream (Oral Roberts, Jimmy Swaggart) to the utterly fantastic (Neal Frisby and his "revelation scrolls", Franklin Hall and his "Atomic Power with God through fasting"; and some that were even farther "out there".

 

I noticed while leafing through them that many were asking for money. Oral Roberts was always soliciting "your everlasting seed of faith"; while Jimmy Swaggart was hawking cassettes. Many of the others had order forms for other publications.

 

I wondered as I leafed through these (I still have a bunch of them if you would like a few hours' entertainment sometime) about the lady who previously owned them. Was she a shut-in? Did she sit in front of her television set and fall prey to these characters? Was she an active churchgoer? Did she donate to a local church?

 

Anyway, I digress. Along Getslow and Rockmom's lines of thought, I always just assumed that true atheists couldn't hate something they didn't believe existed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.