Pat Robertson Blames FormerKyWrestler and His "Ilk" For Shooting

I think anybody who gives dollar one to any of those clowns deserves to see that dollar go up in flames in hell. Televangelists are scumbags. Billy Freakin' Graham included.

Why do you feel Billy Graham is a scumbag?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another serious question; based on a quote in Post #1.

Do atheists hate God?

It's tough to hate something if you don't believe it exists. If you'll permit me to rephrase the question, it's certainly an interesting discussion to talk about whether atheists hate the idea of God, because I think you then have people split into multiple camps.

It's tough to hate something if you don't believe it exists. If you'll permit me to rephrase the question, it's certainly an interesting discussion to talk about whether atheists hate the idea of God, because I think you then have people split into multiple camps.

I beg to differ. A lot of people hate Dusty Baker's managing skills, but we'll leave that for the Pro Sports forum. :lol:

Because he's a televangelist. From my experience, those folks seem to be far less about doing God's work than they are about amassing cash.

So you know nothing about Billy Graham or his work? You just want to lump him in with other televangelist?

So you know nothing about Billy Graham or his work? You just want to lump him in with other televangelist?

I'm quite familiar with Graham and his work. He may be somewhat more ethical than your garden-variety televangelist, and some of his work is admirable. But his preaching doesn't jive with how I was raised.

I'm quite familiar with Graham and his work. He may be somewhat more ethical than your garden-variety televangelist, and some of his work is admirable. But his preaching doesn't jive with how I was raised.

Care to expound on that?

Which of course makes him Billy freaking Graham, scumbag.

I don't agree with everything Graham says, but he maintained his integrity (for the most part) & didn't constantly bombard his audience with the whole "sow your seed of faith" crap that you hear from the majority of the money-hungry TV evangelist crowd.

Interesting that you should mention that.

I do a lot of "picking" at local auctions, yard sales, etc. for items to eBay. A couple of months ago I bought a box of religious books and pamphlets that came out of a storage bin. They ranged from the relatively mainstream (Oral Roberts, Jimmy Swaggart) to the utterly fantastic (Neal Frisby and his "revelation scrolls", Franklin Hall and his "Atomic Power with God through fasting"; and some that were even farther "out there".

I noticed while leafing through them that many were asking for money. Oral Roberts was always soliciting "your everlasting seed of faith"; while Jimmy Swaggart was hawking cassettes. Many of the others had order forms for other publications.

I wondered as I leafed through these (I still have a bunch of them if you would like a few hours' entertainment sometime) about the lady who previously owned them. Was she a shut-in? Did she sit in front of her television set and fall prey to these characters? Was she an active churchgoer? Did she donate to a local church?

Anyway, I digress. Along Getslow and Rockmom's lines of thought, I always just assumed that true atheists couldn't hate something they didn't believe existed.